Looking To Network

keli

Hi, I am new here, and I am finding a difficult time finding a church, the worst part is that I work every sun and wed. I was hoping to find some weekly meetings in the morning since I work nights. An online meeting would be fine, if anyone knows of any.

Hi, I am new here, and I am finding a difficult time finding a church, the worst part is that I work every sun and wed. I was hoping to find some weekly meetings in the morning since I work nights. An online meeting would be fine, if anyone knows of any.

Welcome! Where are you?

Welcome.

There is a Presbyterian (PCUSA) church in Watertown at 403 W. Main St.

Assuming you are a progressive, the good news is that they are not a member congregation of the Confessing Church Movement, a conservative affinity group. However, they are also not a member congregation of the Covenant Network, a progressive affinity group. Their membership has dropped from 58 to 26 in the last 10 years. The thing about a declining congregation is that they can be very much like a family. If you are willing to put up with a few quirks, they can be very nurturing. It is the quirks that keep most people away. Furthermore, since they are small and declining, you and a few progressive friends could move that congregation into a more progressive path, and perhaps attract enough likeminded new members to turn the decline around.

As for the working on Sunday, that is hard. A small congregation usually can muster only one worship service a week, and it will almost always be on sunday morning.

Welcome! There's a UCC church in Nashville - NASHVILLE FIRST UNITED CHURCH UCC

Address 3410 GRANNY WHITE PIKE | NASHVILLE, TN 37204-2905

Phone (voice) (615) 297-8196

E-mail firstunitedchurch@comcast.net

Web site http://www.firstunitedchurchucc.com

They tend to be progressive - I don't know anything about congregation size or service schedules, but it's probably on the website.

Also, check the paper. We have a church that has just begun advertising a Thur. evening service for people who work on Sun. Maybe there's one near you.

Personally, I enjoy and benefit from, worshipping at a church that doesn't happen to be very progressive theologically... I am, but there is common ground and common God, purpose, etc. So, in essence, find a thin spot and don't worry too much about the sign on the door - IMO :)

Good luck!