Time-out Room

October's Autumn

I'm very frustrated with the USPS right now. I went on vacation and my mail was to be delivered yesterday! It still hasn't been delivered. Aside from the fact that I'm a mail junky I'm also expecting several important things in the mail and it is killing me that I have to wait another day for them! AGHHHH! I've done everything I can to resolve the situation with the post office. They've done almost nothing to help. Now I have to keep waiting. I just needed a place to come and vent. Feel free to vent about life's little annoyances on this thread!

When they don't deliver mine, I just go and pick it up. They generally seem confused that I might expect otherwise :>. Makes the phrase "going postal" more sensical, don't ya think??? Can you imagine the H%^^ of working there??????

Hope you get your mail!!!!!!!!!!!!

[RANT ON]

I finally feel I have something I can honestly rant about.

(Des, dont' read this one.) :P

My neighbor to the north has a Weimeraner (sp?). I hate this dog. I truly do. I don't know that I've ever said that about an animal before.

This past summer, he got left outside for a couple of days. (I'm assuming the family went on vacation.) For two days the dog howled. I don't mean a minute of howling followed by hours of quiet. I mean HOWLING non-stop, for hours and hours and hours, as if the dog is being slowly killed by a sharp object.

Anyway, as of 3 days ago, for whatever reason, the family has been leaving the dog outside. They put him out at 7:00 AM and bring him in at midnight or so. We called the Sherrif's dept on Saturday. We called them again on Sunday. And now we've called Animal control first thing this morning. They will give them a 24 hour notice and if they don't comply, they will take the dog.

I don't want to see the dog destroyed. I love dogs. Every family in this neighborhood has a dog. Heck, I WANT a dog. But right now, as I type this, I'm wearing ear-plugs just so I don't go insane!

Get the dog a shock collar. They aren't inhumane if they are set on the lowest levels. Give it a zip when it howls. It'll learn. Pavlov was basically right.

And what is particularly ANNOYING is the people are home through all of this. They are putting the dog outside and letting it howl, with no thought to their neighbors at all.

[/RANT OFF]

Edited by AletheiaRivers

And what is particularly ANNOYING is the people are home through all of this. They are putting the dog outside and letting it howl, with no thought to their neighbors at all.

Ugh, that sucks. Weinaramers are a very active breed, they need attention and ACTIVITY! If you just want a dog to tie up in the yard all day, do some homework first, and find the right breed! Or if you really don't want to interact with it... umm... why get the damned dog in the first place?

We adopted a pit bull mix from a shelter downstate in IL two years ago. She's the absolute cutest and greatest dog ever, but also the neediest, and needs a lot of activity. Everybody knows it's cruel to abandon an animal, but it's also cruel to adopt a animal like this without being able to provide what it needs.

Exactly!

Two of my favorite breeds are border collies and golden retrievers. I would never adopt either because I don't have the time to spend with them (they are both hyper). I don't have a yard big enough to challenge them (imo), especially the border collie. I don't have anything for them to "do," ie border collies really need to work to be happy. (Plus, I didn't want the collie "herding" my cats).

We figure we will either adopt a greyhound (lazy couch potatoes that they are) or a standard poodle. We'd make sure the greyhound was prescreened for cat friendliness as they are "sight hounds."

Maybe his eyes are red because his paw is on your foot. Devil Dog ???? Cute though.

Did anyone see the video of the greyhound in the pound that figured out how to open his cage, and then proceeded to methodically open every other cage in the shelter. Very intelligent and inspiring hound. They're couch potatoes Huh? Sounds like my kind of dog.

On second thought your dog must be the greatest ever, Fred, since it is obvious from the picture that he shops at Trader Joe's !!!!

flow.... :D

Edited by flowperson

Greyhounds ARE couch potatoes. Funny huh? They make awesome apartment dogs (although they do need exercise). They are sight hounds, but not so inclined to run and run the way they are made to at the tracks.

[Rant back on] I think the dang dog next door is PREGNANT to boot! Outside in the cold. No dog house. Lonely. I'm mad at the dog, but still. :( [/Rant off]

Woops already read it. Usually if a dog barks continuously like that, it is not a sign it needs bark control (I have a rather barky dog at that), but that it isn't getting enough stimulation. As someoen said large sporting breeds like that need constant adn lots of exercise. People tend to get them for their looks. Really they are too much for many people to handle. They shoulda gotten a fish (though come to think of it you have to care for them too).

--des

I have a very smart standard poodle named "Prevenient Grace" (Gracie) who loves to run and lobbies daily to that end. She simply won't let me get away with not taking her out to the woods where she is free to run. She loves to run circles around other dogs.

Gracie is the apricot poodle at http://www.pbase.com/abundancetrek/dog_park

She hates to be left alone.

Now, If they could make a pooh-less dog...

puppy_kitten.jpg

Chia Puppy :P

:D

When I went to visit my husband's family everyone has dogs. But they have BIG dogs. I want a medium size dog. My sister has a really cute one who comes up to her knees. I made it 3 coats for Christmas! I had forgotten about the pooh until I stepped in some -- my apartment complex now allows small dogs. Oh, it was awful! The only worse smell is pig pooh! As you can tell pooh smells are really a problem for me! Thank goodness cats bury it!

I know that my cats expect worship. They are very jealous deities. Not one of them likes me paying attention to any of the other ones. They've taken over my funiture like they are thrones. One even has me trained to pull the stopper on the bathroom sink, and fill it with a small amount of cold water each morning and each evening.

Hah! Padfoot gets his own cup or bowl in the bathroom which he expects to be filled with clean cold water, if they aren't he'll knock them over. He looks so much like Aslan that I have come to call him lord-- no no not *that* Lord. :-)

Yes, I have the diety in front of me now sleeping peacefully.

--des