Pat Robertson Never Disappoints

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20060105/ap_on_...obertson_sharon

In a nutshell because Sharon wants peace in the Middle East God gave him a stroke. I guess his being massively overweight has nothing to do with it.

When someone going to shut Robertson up? How embarassing!

Pat Robertson had a cancerous prostrate removed (I just visited his website). I wonder what God was punishing him for! Interesting that the judgement only works in one direction.

Edited by October's Autumn

To me Pat Robertson reflects a small, but powerful religious movement in American society. They appear to be trying to establish a theocratic perspective as a reasonable alternative to democracy as we practice it now. Its ugly head appeared over the Shivo (sic) case and mostly recently seen in the great "Christmas" debate. The cultural turn to the right by the American electorate seems to be allowing once kooky perspectives to become just a little bit nutty now. :blink:

I'm wondering if Robertson is "losing it." Some people get a little off when they get older. Not to malign the elderly. But my grandfather would have periods of dementia and say some crazy stuff whenever he'd get an infection in his last years. (I'm not sure dementia is the right term). But I'm wondering about our friend Pat.

I do think Pat is losing it b/c of old age. The curious thing to me is that cbn seems to be such a top-down organization that no one over there has the guts to sit him down and get him out of the front of the camera. Surely there are people over there who are embarassed by just about everything that comes out of his mouth.

I heard a report on NPR today that Israel has disinvited Rev. Robertson's organization from building an evangelical resort in their country. The Israelis were going to donate the land to Robertson's organization for the project, and the land alone has been valued at $50 million.

This reaction stemmed from Robertson's observations that Ariel Sharon's stroke was G-od's punishment for his removal of Israeli settlers from Gaza earlier this year. In the Patster's opinion G-d was angered at this action because it effectively divided the entirety of Israel and somehow rendered it a less holy place in G-d's eyes.

Duh 'oh !!!!!!

flow.... :huh:

I think Robertson is expressing a concept called Deuteronimism. That is that your life circumstances are determined by how you are keeping God's laws (Levitcus Deuteronomy etc.). When Jesus' disciples asked him "who sinned that this man was born blind" they were expressing that concept. Jesus , of course rejected that idea. Also when Job's three "friends" tormented him, demanding that he tell them what sin he had commited, that his misfortunes had happened to him is another example.

MOW

Welcome Beautiful Dreamer.

Love your signature re: cats. Although I do not have one at present, I well remember my love/hate adventures with them in the past. We hope you enjoy playing word games with the good souls that meet here from time to time.

As far as the Patster, I think he might be a prime candidate for the first brain transplant, should that ever be attempted. Judging others is definitely a lost art as MOW pointed out, and good riddance !

In fact most of the cats with which I was associated made more sense than the Rev. Robertson, and they were never on TV and couldn't even speak english. But they were oh so good at getting whatever they wanted from me and my family.

flow.... :)