Happy New Year!

des

Happy New Year! I celebrated last night by turning on the tv 5 min to midnight and watching the ball drop. I got a glass of club soda with lemon and when it was midnight I kissed the dog. . The I got out my recorder and played Auld Lang Syne (which I might add I can't actually play yet), as well as some wild and awful notes. I turned off the tv at 15 after. (I'm such a party animal).

Prospero Ano Nuevo from Nuevo Mexico!

--des

LOL! Sounds like the evening my hubby and I had. We watched "Bruce Almighty" and "Day After Tomorrow" and then at 5 to midnight or so, turned on the TV and watched the ball drop. We had purchased some Lambic Frambois to toast in the new year, but didn't end up drinking any. I was in bed and snoring by 12:15. :)

Party, party, party!

Well, as usual I had to go to work this a.m. at 2:00 but since I live a half mile from the strip, all the fireworks went off at midnight and woke me from a sound sleep. My kids are still here and they were with the half million revelers in the street.

Came home after work about noon and put a turkey in the oven and we ate that with all the trimmings about 5:00. Toasts with asti spumante were made before the meal. We all took lots of leftovers over to my folks' place about an hour ago and now we're about to have some cheesecake and tea before crashing.

Day off tomorrow so lots of relaxing time before I go back to the new year's grind on tues. A very happy and prosperous new year to you all from me and my family.

flow.... :)

I'm guessing that we did have more fun as well (esp the day after-- you know our heads and tummies). I went to a party New Years Day. Funny thing, the lady who invited me was tellign me what she was making and I said I'll bring some Cold Duck. And she said, "we don't need anymore food!' :-) I said, No COLD DUCK, not cold duck. :-)

It was the non-alcoholic variety, btw. Funny name if you think of it.

I am going back to work tomorrow. I have been off so long I forgot how to teach. We'll see if ti comes back to me. :-) I sure hope so. And getting up at the crack of dawn.

--des