Liberal Faiths Web Portal/directory....

I found that a lot of the Christian search engines and link directories (and there are many) will not list my website because it's theologically liberal. This means than a lot of other progressive sites can't be found there as well if they don't profess the Nicene Creed.

So, what about creating one of our own for progressive faith listings? I'd like to take my very long website and chop it up and put it into a much more user-friendly set up. Would there be anyone here willing to assist in the data entry and content management since a project of this sort would require a team of dedicated participants? It doesn't pay anything other than the knowledge that you are building up an internet ministry.

Below is the gathering place where we will all put our heads together, decide on the format of the new site, and sort out who tackles which topic. But I need people who are truly willing to commit some time so as to make it worth while to have a pro designer come in and overhaul the set-up of the site. :)

http://www.livejournal.com/community/thoug...ress/16621.html

Edited by GreenPartyVoter

So, what about creating one of our own for progressive faith listings? I'd like to take my very long website and chop it up and put it into a much more user-friendly set up. Would there be anyone here willing to assist in the data entry and content management since a project of this sort would require a team of dedicated participants? It doesn't pay anything other than the knowledge that you are building up an internet ministry.

Hmm, this is a really good idea. I'm actually envisioning a more interactive setup where people (with varying levels of authorization, perhaps) can manage content and links without a dedicated "data entry" team. (Naturally, we'll need admins to keep the content on track.) Somewhat like the early Google concept, and if you've seen Wikipedia, or other Wiki sites. If you've got quite a bit of content to begin with, there are also lots of ways of scraping and breaking it down automatically, to avoid the tedium of data entry work. I've got quite a bit of experience with all this stuff, on both the design and development sides. In fact, I run LOTS of web services tools on my Linux server at home, so we could play around with some things there. Might be less locked down than a "public" website where you just pay for space and manage it through some limited web interface.

I don't know how far down a particular path you've gone, but if this sounds like something worth investigating, let me know.

Fred

Hmm, this is a really good idea. I'm actually envisioning a more interactive setup where people (with varying levels of authorization, perhaps) can manage content and links without a dedicated "data entry" team. (Naturally, we'll need admins to keep the content on track.) Somewhat like the early Yahoo! concept, and if you've seen Wikipedia, or other Wiki sites. If you've got quite a bit of content to begin with, there are also lots of ways of scraping and breaking it down automatically, to avoid the tedium of data entry work. I've got quite a bit of experience with all this stuff, on both the design and development sides. In fact, I run LOTS of web services tools on my Linux server at home, so we could play around with some things there. Might be less locked down than a "public" website where you just pay for space and manage it through some limited web interface.

I don't know how far down a particular path you've gone, but if this sounds like something worth investigating, let me know.

Fred