I made a video on the Mark of the Beast

patrolwagon

12 hours ago, romansh said:

My question is, what are the reasons I should care? It's not as though the Bible is some oracle I need to decipher?

Well I mean that's kinda the point of the video, that Revelation had an ancient context and was not an Oracle for specific events in the future.

On 5/5/2021 at 8:55 AM, patrolwagon said:

So I made a video explaining the Mark of the Beast in its ancient context of Rome and persecution etc.
Would love to know what you think about these topics.

I liked the video, Lachlan.  Whilst like Rom above I don't think I should care about what Revelation has to say if it's being interpreted as a message from or representing God, but I do find it interesting from a historical point of view.  And I do think many Christians would benefit from a better understanding of where the bible's writings really comes from instead of what get's passed off in Church these days as 'fact'.

patrolwagon,

In context of the entire Bible writings, it seems to me, the Mark of the Beast is invisible to the natural eyes and nothing more than the mind that minds the things of man and the flesh (the lusts of the flesh, the lust of the eyes and the pride of life) , and  those whose right hand of fellowship is with such. The Beast itself is nothing more than the thinking mind of man that is no longer used as a tool but rather sits in the temple (body) of man as if it is god directing ones path thinking it is in control.  However it fears knowing it has a short time to live and  perishes with the using because the Beast surely dies with the body.

Joseph