Wisdom Teeth

FredP

Well I'm currently home doped up on Extra Strength Vicodin after having my Wisdom Teeth out yesterday. I generally prefer to limit my pain med usage, but in this case the dizziness is preferable to feeling like my teeth are being slowly yanked out of my mouth throughout the course of the day.

Hopefully this won't result in too large a diminishment of whatever wisdom I may or may not have had before.

Ouch! I had mine out many years ago. I didn't take it well and was in bed for 3 days. I was only supposed to take extra strength tylenol. Unfortunatly, my mom had me so paranoid about knocking out the clots that I was unable to bring myself to swallow the pills. My advice: take the vicodin.

Yeah, knocking out the clots is what causes dry sockets -- which is what I have now. :( It's really miserable, but I just went to the oral surg. to have some dressings put in, so it should be under control. I also had my bottom gum line dropped so my dentist can get in and see if there's any decay to worry about... so that isn't helping matters any. See what you get for putting this stuff off for 15 years?

One or 2 of my WT came out easily.  Another one required a little surgery and it took me a month or 2 to recover fully.  I hope you recover faster than that.

I'm pretty much recovered, a little pain left along my gumline and from my cheeks being pinched from the stitches. A whole lot better than Tuesday!

I had my wisdom teeth pulled about 16 years ago -- give or take... I had one impacted tooth, two erupted. I don't remember it really hurting afterwards. Hmm... It seems it was mostly sore. THe worst part was the Oral Surgeon drilling through my jaw bone for the impacted tooth. Oh, I didn't have a fourth wisdom tooth -- apparently we are evolving out of them.