Jump to content

Recommended Posts

Just thought I'd share this pic showing the size of my state (Western Australia) against Texas and some others.  I had a bit of a giggle when it reminded me of my visit to Texas in 1990 when a taxi driver called us liars and tried to kick us out of his cab.  He had been bragging about 'big' Texas (we soon came to learn it was a bit of a 'tourist' thing) and telling us it took half a day to drive the length of Texas.  We told him it took nearly two whole days to drive the length of our State.  He simply couldn't believe us. :)

 

WA v Texas.jpg

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, romansh said:

Yeah Paul

Yours is bigger than mine too.

:)  I didn't know until today that that unless you come from the Sakha Republic (Yakutia), mine will always be the biggest! :)

Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, PaulS said:

:)  I didn't know until today that that unless you come from the Sakha Republic (Yakutia), mine will always be the biggest! :)

Yeah ... that reminds of my late friend when we played Risk as kids and Yakutsk was some desolate part of north eastern Asia.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, romansh said:

Yeah ... that reminds of my late friend when we played Risk as kids and Yakutsk was some desolate part of north eastern Asia.

Used to be my favorite game.

I always used to try and get Australia, if I could, as a base, to expand from. Yakutsk was one of those "waste of time" places - it was too difficult to get Asia - too many borders.

Link to post
Share on other sites

North America and then expand into South America ... then rest of the world. The Americas were relatively easy to defend.

Link to post
Share on other sites
21 hours ago, romansh said:

North America and then expand into South America ... then rest of the world. The Americas were relatively easy to defend.

Still is.

Ironic how it parallels history.

All we need now is for the Americans to buy Greenland, invade Mexico....

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

terms of service