Pat Robertson

In a lot of minds there are only two choices. What the Senior Pastor of my church was talking about when he said "fundamentalists liberals."

THink of the fish with Jesus and the fish with legs. I'm mentally designing an image that reconciles the two. Anyone who has any ideas feel free to share. I want to make my own bumper sticker. So far I've gotten: ALL truth comes from God and an image of both the Jesus fish and the Darwin fish together. The only problem is that it excludes other faiths... perhaps just a Darwin fish with "all truth comes from God" hmmmm...

Fred:

I like what you said about symmetry being a universal characteristic of proving yea or nay to existence. We only need look at ourselves in a mirror (if we can stand that !) to know what an important part of the structure of the universe symmetry brings to the game.

When studying fractal forms one runs into the same marvel. Indeed, artistic giants such as M.C.Escher thrived on the concept and taught us how important it is to the structures of an ordered reality.

However the flip side of the coin, symmetry breaking, is also important to note. As far as we can tell this occurs in all orders of physical reality and through such breaking, singularities of creation self organize themselves into new agglomerations of ordered systems over time.

It is this process of creation of new realities, seemingly from nothingness, that is the great mystery. How was this started? What energies drive it? What hidden structures automate the process at all scales that we may observe? That the process appears to be an ongoing intelligent format seems undeniable, but how did it come into being and how does it continue into infinity?

Just thinking out loud....

flow.... :blink: