Site may be closing down

I received the following message from Invision Power Services which is our software provider and host of this site ...

------------------------------------------------------------------------

Rhett (Invision Community)

Sep 22, 2020, 11:58 PM EDT

Hello, I'm sorry for the trouble here, it seems your site has missed our internal audits, the 25 plan hasn't been offered in a few years now and doesn't include SSL, which has also been required for some time now.  Due to a recent update at AWS which hosts our cloud, this is now showing an issue with any site not using SSL.

Our min plan that we have offered for about a year now is the 65 plan, which is 45.00 per month, we can update your plan to the 65 plan and add SSL for you at no charge to correct this issue.  Please let us know if you have any questions or how you wold like to proceed. 

Thank you.

Rhett 
Support and Cloud Manager
Invision Power Services, Inc.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------

We are barely able to maintain support for the  $20/month with only 8-10 active members a month and it is being raised to $45/ mo. A lot of people have moved on to Facebook and other free social media groups. Any thoughts from members?

Joseph

This Discussion Message Board is an internet support community of individuals, mostly consisting of but not limited to those that embraces pluralism and the eight points of Progressive Christianity. An internet place of reaching out and encouragement to those for whom organized religion has proved ineffectual, irrelevant, or repressive, as well as to those who have given up on or are unacquainted with it. A safe place of discussion and sharing of ones views and thoughts concerning the journey or quest for truth and spiritual discovery. A place of challenging discussions where participants come to both share and learn. A community that gets away from systematized, exclusive absolutes, and where intellectual honesty is much more likely to be valued.

It has been decided this site will not be closing on October 8th as previously thought. The present site owner Joseph Mattioli is retiring and Paul Smedley is now the new site owner and head administrator. Costs have increased to $45 per month. To continue forum operation, Paul will need your financial support. I will continue to be a financial site sponsor for as long as i am able. Donations to keep it going can be sent by Paypal to 1paulsmedley@gmail.com .  A lot of members and non-member (guests) alike  benefit and gain inspiration in their progressive  journey from searching/reading from our forum database of over 52,000 posts. Readers average  between 7-10 guests present during any  15minute interval. You can help keep this resource on-line to the benefit of those who  by your contribution are able to benefit from its content.

Thanks for all your support 

Joseph Mattioli

Important Information

terms of service