New to Faith and not sure how to pray

As it says above! I've intro'd myself in the intro thread so won't go into that again. Basically I am looking for a daily practice but have not found one yet. Contemplation/Prayer is something I need to incorporate but not sure how or what form this would take. 

Would be great to hear about other people's practice or any advice! 

Thanks!

8 minutes ago, Tarquin said:

As it says above! I've intro'd myself in the intro thread so won't go into that again. Basically I am looking for a daily practice but have not found one yet. Contemplation/Prayer is something I need to incorporate but not sure how or what form this would take. 

Thanks!

I’m practicing 20 minutes a day meditation through the app ‘1 Giant Mind’ and finding it amazingly beneficial.

10 minutes ago, PaulS said:

I’m practicing 20 minutes a day meditation through the app ‘1 Giant Mind’ and finding it amazingly beneficial.

Thanks, will check it out

3 hours ago, Tarquin said:

Thanks!

I pray to be given the eyes to see and the ears to hear.  I also pray for mercy.

My life is a continuous prayer. I cannot separate myself from God no matter how hard i have tried in the past.

Definition of Prayer = a spiritual communion with God 

The only separation between you and me and God is in your mind that perishes with the using.  You can quote me on that. 🙂

Joseph.

On 7/25/2020 at 6:35 AM, PaulS said:

Not so much something I consider a practice but mine in a continual and lifelong awareness, consideration and, at times, 'conversation' with 'God.'

I myself try to stay in touch with God as much as possible, and just try to feel Es presence as I go through my day.

There are a few Christian groups that think of work and just doing stuff as a form of prayer. I like and agree with their concept(s). It also helps me to not rush too much, which is something that I need to work on.

Hope you find a way of praying that works for you.

• 2 months later...

I'm a bit of the armchair contemplative. I think listening for God in the silence helps me to pay attention to the Divine Movement all around throughout my day. This attentiveness is the primary form that prayer takes in my life. 

If you are looking for something practical, you might like this site: http://www.carmelites.net/daily-disconnect-podcast/

8 hours ago, irreverance said:

I'm a bit of the armchair contemplative. I think listening for God in the silence helps me to pay attention to the Divine Movement all around throughout my day. This attentiveness is the primary form that prayer takes in my life. 

If you are looking for something practical, you might like this site: http://www.carmelites.net/daily-disconnect-podcast/

Interesting, I haven't thought of Carmelites in decades.

I do like your idea of 'God in the silence.'