Online Study Topic

vitarimor

I've been trying to find a way to deal in a virtual sense with pursuing a need I have for group review / discussion on some topics, and its been difficult to do that in a simple sense, so I'm going to try another approach that is more...suited...to this forum, following some feedback I'll have to acknowledge one of the moderators contributed that made me reflect a bit on accomplishing the task.  I'm really from my approach to this point not embracing the value of a 'forum' by trying to lock it down to a delimited exchange, so I'm going to open my thinking and embrace it for its advantage, (yes Joseph, even an old dog can learn a new trick, thank you for your insight.)  

So, my thinking is to do the following...delineate the topic...I'd request some note of interest from individuals to join the discussion prior to jumping in, as it will involve a sharing of topic/information for review and to then participate in ongoing discussions.  I'd propose to move the marker week to week on the ongoing discussion in a dedicated thread for the topic to allow for virtual discussion...and so long as there is no objection, I'll ALSO set aside a time each week for an open Google Meet session on the off chance that some folk might like to jump into the conversation real time at their leisure, though without obligation to do so for the whole time or at all vs. joining into the virtual one.  

There are two topics of note that I'll probably undertake at the same time.  The first is focused on teaching discipleship and leadership to others and is focused on a group reading and discussion week to week.  This once started would be about reading say 1 ch/week and start of discussion after that week.  The second topic is focused on video review, focused on the merger of our calls to salvation vs. our vocational callings; the structure here is sharing of a video link with those interested (typ about 20 min), followed by again group discussion on the topic that I'd put some structure to each week.  This too would include the non-mandatory option to participate in a video chat session regarding the topic that week.  These would proceed over about a 2 month and 1 month period respectively.  I'm giving the details to see if I get a response of interest from enough people to see if worthwhile pursuing.  

If one or both appeal to your interest and you'd like to participate, please feel free to send me a message.  I'd probably look to start this in say 2 weeks, if the interest is there.  I appreciate the consideration of any readers regardless.

VR

8 hours ago, vitarimor said:

I've been trying to find a way to deal in a virtual sense with pursuing a need I have for group review / discussion on some topics, and its been difficult to do that in a simple sense, so I'm going to try another approach that is more...suited...to this forum, following some feedback I'll have to acknowledge one of the moderators contributed that made me reflect a bit on accomplishing the task.  I'm really from my approach to this point not embracing the value of a 'forum' by trying to lock it down to a delimited exchange, so I'm going to open my thinking and embrace it for its advantage, (yes Joseph, even an old dog can learn a new trick, thank you for your insight.)  

So, my thinking is to do the following...delineate the topic...I'd request some note of interest from individuals to join the discussion prior to jumping in, as it will involve a sharing of topic/information for review and to then participate in ongoing discussions.  I'd propose to move the marker week to week on the ongoing discussion in a dedicated thread for the topic to allow for virtual discussion...and so long as there is no objection, I'll ALSO set aside a time each week for an open Google Meet session on the off chance that some folk might like to jump into the conversation real time at their leisure, though without obligation to do so for the whole time or at all vs. joining into the virtual one.  

There are two topics of note that I'll probably undertake at the same time.  The first is focused on teaching discipleship and leadership to others and is focused on a group reading and discussion week to week.  This once started would be about reading say 1 ch/week and start of discussion after that week.  The second topic is focused on video review, focused on the merger of our calls to salvation vs. our vocational callings; the structure here is sharing of a video link with those interested (typ about 20 min), followed by again group discussion on the topic that I'd put some structure to each week.  This too would include the non-mandatory option to participate in a video chat session regarding the topic that week.  These would proceed over about a 2 month and 1 month period respectively.  I'm giving the details to see if I get a response of interest from enough people to see if worthwhile pursuing.  

If one or both appeal to your interest and you'd like to participate, please feel free to send me a message.  I'd probably look to start this in say 2 weeks, if the interest is there.  I appreciate the consideration of any readers regardless.

VR

If you want to do a proper bible study of a particular book I am interested, but I am not interested in stripping a particular topic out of context.

17 hours ago, vitarimor said:

The second topic is focused on video review, focused on the merger of our calls to salvation vs. our vocational callings; the structure here is sharing of a video link with those interested (typ about 20 min), followed by again group discussion on the topic that I'd put some structure to each week.  This too would include the non-mandatory option to participate in a video chat session regarding the topic that week.  These would proceed over about a 2 month and 1 month period respectively.  I'm giving the details to see if I get a response of interest from enough people to see if worthwhile pursuing.  

I might be interested in the 2nd topic and format that you mention.

Like I've said before, I'm not able to get into a regular schedule or program or anything. My life the way it is right now is; I get online when I get online and I don't when I don't.

I might suggest, post one of the videos as a topic and see what kind of response you get. You might not get everyone to respond to it on a certain day at a certain time, but if people are interested chances are you'll get some feedback and some comments.