The Deception of Evolution

Pipiripi

51 minutes ago, Burl said:
4 hours ago, PaulS said:

I have only a passing interest in speculating if God created man by using evolution.  I am not an anthropologist and 200k years is a terribly long time ago.

I am interested in the bible as one of our oldest literary creations and the cornerstone of our civilization.  I want to read it as accurately and as deeply as possible and try to determine what information those people who lived only 5k years ago intended to be preserved and passed on to me.  That is something I can confidently achieve.

How should I treat others?  How can I maintain and increase a conscious connection with God?  What pleasures seem attractive but turn into vices and lead into degeneracy and desperation?  How can I uplift others?  How can I live  fulfilled & content, and how can I face death without fear?

Those are some of my interests, and natural selection does not provide a source of inspiration.

Or  -  if it might  -  how?   What inspiration do you draw from that well?

MLK-and-his-Bible1-300x201.jpg
The Hammer of Freedom

My brother I want you to go from how I believe in God. Don't trust nobody if they cannot show you BIBLICAL their teachings.  Go in here. end-times-prophecy.org download it. If you are open God will used you mighty for people to come in His kingdom. 

5 hours ago, PaulS said:

I guess we will, if you choose not to stay on topic (evolution) and discuss the question at hand - do you think this need for salvation (from whatever it is you think homo sapiens need to be saved from ) existed when homo sapiens were 'lesser' animals, before they evolved to the species they are today?  After all, this is a thread concerning evolution's falseness or otherwise and I think it is only reasonable to discuss those questions around it. Unless of course genuine interest is not your desire and only acceptance of your view perhaps is.

If you genuinely have an interest in deepening your understanding of my spiritual path, then feel free to start another thread on the matter and I will discuss further with you.  I am more than happy to in a separate thread, but again, I have my suspicions that you have no genuine interest in an open and sharing discussion.  Maybe you will surprise me.

I'm ready for everything my brother. I can answer all questions Biblical. I really want to know your spiritual path my brother.  Sorry for my English, because I'm not an English man. I'm new here and I tried to understand all the rules. Thanks. 

2 hours ago, Burl said:
6 hours ago, PaulS said:

I have only a passing interest in speculating if God created man by using evolution.  I am not an anthropologist and 200k years is a terribly long time ago.

I am interested in the bible as one of our oldest literary creations and the cornerstone of our civilization.  I want to read it as accurately and as deeply as possible and try to determine what information those people who lived only 5k years ago intended to be preserved and passed on to me.  That is something I can confidently achieve.

How should I treat others?  How can I maintain and increase a conscious connection with God?  What pleasures seem attractive but turn into vices and lead into degeneracy and desperation?  How can I uplift others?  How can I live  fulfilled & content, and how can I face death without fear?

Those are some of my interests, and natural selection does not provide a source of inspiration.

Or  -  if it might  -  how?   What inspiration do you draw from that well?

MLK-and-his-Bible1-300x201.jpg
The Hammer of Freedom

Burl, 

1) I assume you're actually saying this and not me, as you seem to have made it appear?  Correct?

2) It doesn't matter what we want to think, what we want to draw inspiration from, what we want to imagine being.  If we start out with what we want we will find what we think is satisfactory evidence to support whatever notion we want.  If we start with the reality (i.e. in this instance the actual existence of natural selection), and have the integrity to try and understand it, whether that is inspirational or not is irrelevant, but it might just give you the answers you are looking for.  Just because you want something doesn't make it so unfortunately.  Just because natural selection or evolution doesn't give you 'inspiration' is no reason to deny it.  That seems rather childish to me - the answer doesn't suit you so you don't want to understand it.

How should you treat others - you really need a specific collection of books to show you that?  Who says you need a conscious connection with God? I expect God as you think, does not exist, so to me any such 'connection' is meaningless.  I have no issue with not making a connection with such a God.  Obviously its something you feel you need - others don't.  That doesn't make them wrong.  How can you uplift others - of course you can draw inspiration from the bible, as many do from other sources as well including Buddhism, Islam, poetry, myths and legends, fables, etc.  How can you face death without fear - this one I can answer easily - death is not to be feared.  It happens to all of us. Billions of people before you have died.  Let go of your ego and you won't be afraid.  I'm not, because I won't know I'm dead!

It seems to me you are dwelling in the emotion of evolution, rather than the science.  We are discussing here whether evolution is false or not - not what we would prefer to believe.  Of course one is free to believe whatever they want - just that it's not necessarily factual.

200k years may indeed be a long time, but that is not a genuine reason for pursuing a better understanding of our evolution.  I can't help but think many Christians fear that a proper, scientific understanding of evolution threatens their belief that humans need to be saved, which of course in turn threatens much that they hold dear about their religion.  What indeed do they need to be saved 'from' and did they require this 'saving' when they were 'lesser species'?  This to me seems to be what many Christians are afraid of rather than be prepared to confront the reality of evolution. 

And to say that the bible is the cornerstone of civilization seems a perhaps inadvertently racist comment to me.  Aboriginal Australians had a well-organised society for +50,000 years without the bible.  As did Hindus, Buddhists, Zoroastrians, and numerous other civilizations.  Roman and then British power is what drove the limited understanding of the bible being the cornerstone of civilization because it considered all other beliefs and understanding to be primitive.  They were the dominant power in certain areas and it is in those areas that the bible gained notoriety.  In areas where those superpowers of their day did not gain a foothold, indeed the bible was nowhere near the cornerstone of such civilizations.

31 minutes ago, Pipiripi said:

I'm ready for everything my brother. I can answer all questions Biblical. I really want to know your spiritual path my brother.  Sorry for my English, because I'm not an English man. I'm new here and I tried to understand all the rules. Thanks. 

Pipiripi,

We try (not always successfully) to keep the threads in some sort of order with their topic title.  So this thread you started was claiming evolution to be deceptive.  It would be preferable to stick with a discussion about why you (or others) find it deceptive and why others may find it factual, rather than drifting into different territory such as another's spiritual path.

You started the thread so perhaps you might like to flesh it out some more as to why you find the science of evolution deceptive, why the science of evolution doesn't meet your mark, rather than just telling others that because the bible is right evolution must be wrong.  I'm just saying that because for people who don't believe you, there doesn't seem to be much in the way of legitimate argument against evolution, so far.

As I suggested to Burl, if he, or now you, want to discuss people's spiritual paths, then I suggest a new thread appropriately titled, would be a better option.

Cheers

Paul

6 hours ago, PaulS said:

Burl, 

1) I assume you're actually saying this and not me, as you seem to have made it appear?  Correct?

2) It doesn't matter what we want to think, what we want to draw inspiration from, what we want to imagine being.  If we start out with what we want we will find what we think is satisfactory evidence to support whatever notion we want.  If we start with the reality (i.e. in this instance the actual existence of natural selection), and have the integrity to try and understand it, whether that is inspirational or not is irrelevant, but it might just give you the answers you are looking for.  Just because you want something doesn't make it so unfortunately.  Just because natural selection or evolution doesn't give you 'inspiration' is no reason to deny it.  That seems rather childish to me - the answer doesn't suit you so you don't want to understand it.

How should you treat others - you really need a specific collection of books to show you that?  Who says you need a conscious connection with God? I expect God as you think, does not exist, so to me any such 'connection' is meaningless.  I have no issue with not making a connection with such a God.  Obviously its something you feel you need - others don't.  That doesn't make them wrong.  How can you uplift others - of course you can draw inspiration from the bible, as many do from other sources as well including Buddhism, Islam, poetry, myths and legends, fables, etc.  How can you face death without fear - this one I can answer easily - death is not to be feared.  It happens to all of us. Billions of people before you have died.  Let go of your ego and you won't be afraid.  I'm not, because I won't know I'm dead!

It seems to me you are dwelling in the emotion of evolution, rather than the science.  We are discussing here whether evolution is false or not - not what we would prefer to believe.  Of course one is free to believe whatever they want - just that it's not necessarily factual.

200k years may indeed be a long time, but that is not a genuine reason for pursuing a better understanding of our evolution.  I can't help but think many Christians fear that a proper, scientific understanding of evolution threatens their belief that humans need to be saved, which of course in turn threatens much that they hold dear about their religion.  What indeed do they need to be saved 'from' and did they require this 'saving' when they were 'lesser species'?  This to me seems to be what many Christians are afraid of rather than be prepared to confront the reality of evolution. 

And to say that the bible is the cornerstone of civilization seems a perhaps inadvertently racist comment to me.  Aboriginal Australians had a well-organised society for +50,000 years without the bible.  As did Hindus, Buddhists, Zoroastrians, and numerous other civilizations.  Roman and then British power is what drove the limited understanding of the bible being the cornerstone of civilization because it considered all other beliefs and understanding to be primitive.  They were the dominant power in certain areas and it is in those areas that the bible gained notoriety.  In areas where those superpowers of their day did not gain a foothold, indeed the bible was nowhere near the cornerstone of such civilizations.

1) Yes it is my post.  I tried to fix it but couldn’t.

2) Natural selection is not a correct solution.  The negligible and exceptionally rare occurrences of ring species Joseph mentions are exceptionally thin evidences.  They really sounds more like variation within a species resulting in accompanying damage to reproductive capacity.

Isn’t natural selection the precise reason the reason for the dominance of Western civilization?  They had a bible but didn’t use it.  As Linacre told Henry VIII, “Either these are not the gospels or we are not Christians.”

7 hours ago, Pipiripi said:

My brother I want you to go from how I believe in God. Don't trust nobody if they cannot show you BIBLICAL their teachings.  Go in here. end-times-prophecy.org download it. If you are open God will used you mighty for people to come in His kingdom. 

Piriripi, how do you reconcile the creation myths in Genesis 1 & 2?  

In Genesis 1 man and woman are created together after the creation of plants and animals.

In Genesis 2, man is created first and then plants were created.  God then created animals in an attempt to make a mate for Adam and failed, so Eve was made out of his rib.

21 minutes ago, Burl said:

Piriripi, how do you reconcile the creation myths in Genesis 1 & 2?  

In Genesis 1 man and woman are created together after the creation of plants and animals.

In Genesis 2, man is created first and then plants were created.  God then created animals in an attempt to make a mate for Adam and failed, so Eve was made out of his rib.

Burl, God can never fail. He is the creator, and if He will make you knew, nothing can stop Him. Do you think that God is powerless?

The Bible is not a simple book that we read like the other books. The Bible was written by 66 authors in different period of time. My friend Jesus is coming soon, I don't know what is your doubts. Look what God has says in Isaiah 45:9-13.

50 minutes ago, Pipiripi said:

Burl, God can never fail. He is the creator, and if He will make you knew, nothing can stop Him. Do you think that God is powerless?

The Bible is not a simple book that we read like the other books. The Bible was written by 66 authors in different period of time. My friend Jesus is coming soon, I don't know what is your doubts. Look what God has says in Isaiah 45:9-13.

I agree that the bible is not a simple book, so we must read all of it carefully and prayerfully especially when it seems difficult.

Your topic is Genesis and evolution, but you are avoiding my question.  How do you explain the two different creation stories in Genesis?

9 hours ago, Burl said:

1) Yes it is my post.  I tried to fix it but couldn’t.

2) Natural selection is not a correct solution.  The negligible and exceptionally rare occurrences of ring species Joseph mentions are exceptionally thin evidences.  They really sounds more like variation within a species resulting in accompanying damage to reproductive capacity.

Isn’t natural selection the precise reason the reason for the dominance of Western civilization?  They had a bible but didn’t use it.  As Linacre told Henry VIII, “Either these are not the gospels or we are not Christians.”

What do you mean by saying natural selection is not a correct solution?  What are you trying to 'solve'? Natural selection is one way certain species have evolved - in itself it is not the sole driver for evolution.  There are other means of evolution apart from natural selection.  Is your sole grounds for denying evolution your disbelief in natural selection - is that what you're saying?

No, natural selection is not the precise reason, or any reason at all for that matter, for the 'dominance' of western civilization, if indeed one can even call western civilisation 'dominant'.  And what precisely WC is constructed of and how it has changed through history also changes when and where it was/is considered dominant.  If anything, what you are talking about are geopolitical influences more so than some sort of amazing book leading civilization into the realms of glory.

5 hours ago, PaulS said:

What do you mean by saying natural selection is not a correct solution?  What are you trying to 'solve'? Natural selection is one way certain species have evolved - in itself it is not the sole driver for evolution.  There are other means of evolution apart from natural selection.  Is your sole grounds for denying evolution your disbelief in natural selection - is that what you're saying?

No, natural selection is not the precise reason, or any reason at all for that matter, for the 'dominance' of western civilization, if indeed one can even call western civilisation 'dominant'.  And what precisely WC is constructed of and how it has changed through history also changes when and where it was/is considered dominant.  If anything, what you are talking about are geopolitical influences more so than some sort of amazing book leading civilization into the realms of glory.

Here is one thing I am trying to solve.  Why was mankind the only species to develop literature, architecture, science, religion, sculpture and the electric guitar?

1 hour ago, Burl said:

Here is one thing I am trying to solve.  Why was mankind the only species to develop literature, architecture, science, religion, sculpture and the electric guitar?

So what I am trying to get at, but it feels like pulling teeth, is do you accept that mankind evolved from other species?  Yes or no? 

If you accept the science of evolution that mankind did evolve, then I am asking you how that affects what you think mankind needs to be saved from and at what point on the spectrum do you think man needed this saving, as opposed to the other animals that started this journey billions of years ago and seem to not need such saving.

17 hours ago, Burl said:

I agree that the bible is not a simple book, so we must read all of it carefully and prayerfully especially when it seems difficult.

Your topic is Genesis and evolution, but you are avoiding my question.  How do you explain the two different creation stories in Genesis?

Hi, they are not 2 different stories. Genesis 1 tell us how it everything was created. And Genesis 2 tell us how the story continues. So Moses now is telling us what more things that God have done when He have finished His creation. You see that God have given them a commandment. It is just like movie, it takes months for make it, but it isn't longer then 2 hours. 

Just think here a moment. 

Creation.

Adam and Eve. Kain and Abel. Noah and the Flood. The Tower of Babel.

2000 BC

Abraham go to Palestine, ca. 1900. Born of Isaac. Born of Esau and Jacob. 

1800 BC

The 12 tribe and all their families in Egypt. They became slaves in Egypt. 

1600 BC

Moses take the Israelites out of Egypt. 

If you see here my friend, this is the how we have the story of the beginning of this world till Moses.  Moses has wrote this first 5 books. Only God knows the past and the future completely. 

It is the same that you are going to write the story of your life. The first 5 years you don't know nothing of your live. Your parents has told you. I hope that you have understand me.

6 hours ago, PaulS said:

So what I am trying to get at, but it feels like pulling teeth, is do you accept that mankind evolved from other species?  Yes or no? [Quotes] 

If you accept the science of evolution that mankind did evolve, then I am asking you how that affects what you think mankind needs to be saved from and at what point on the spectrum do you think man needed this saving, as opposed to the other animals that started this journey billions of years ago and seem to not need such saving.

Man was created from the DUST my friend. He was created by God that was always. God doesn't have a beginning and an end. 

Edited by JosephM
quote correction by JosephM

7 hours ago, PaulS said:

So what I am trying to get at, but it feels like pulling teeth, is do you accept that mankind evolved from other species?  Yes or no? 

I think interaction with the environment certainly  had an influence on the development of Homo sapiens.  We are now a little taller and less hairy.

When I compare the evolution of other species evolution is only a minor influence.  It can explain only physical traits.  Mankind has developed capabilities that are orders of magnitude beyond anything demonstrated by evolution.  Written language alone is so far beyond anything explicable by evolution that additional forces must be at work.

Detail from Berdadini marble.  The expression and apparent suppleness of this rock demands a better explanation than natural selection alone.

6-DF0-EA2-A-F818-41-F0-BCA4-8-E3-E24-CBD

5 hours ago, Pipiripi said:

Hi, they are not 2 different stories. Genesis 1 tell us how it everything was created. And Genesis 2 tell us how the story continues. So Moses now is telling us what more things that God have done when He have finished His creation. You see that God have given them a commandment. It is just like movie, it takes months for make it, but it isn't longer then 2 hours. 

Just think here a moment. 

Creation.

Adam and Eve. Kain and Abel. Noah and the Flood. The Tower of Babel.

2000 BC

Abraham go to Palestine, ca. 1900. Born of Isaac. Born of Esau and Jacob. 

1800 BC

The 12 tribe and all their families in Egypt. They became slaves in Egypt. 

1600 BC

Moses take the Israelites out of Egypt. 

If you see here my friend, this is the how we have the story of the beginning of this world till Moses.  Moses has wrote this first 5 books. Only God knows the past and the future completely. 

It is the same that you are going to write the story of your life. The first 5 years you don't know nothing of your live. Your parents has told you. I hope that you have understand me.

No, Piriripi.  Moses did not write those books, but you are now correct in that God did not write them either.  They are of human origin.  Moses dies before the end of Exodus, and he certainly wrote nothing after he died. 

Genesis has at least four redactors of the Hebrew mythic history.  The two incompatible creation myths in Genesis show that the authors were fairly including all versions and not attempting to create a single, cohesive narrative.  This increases their credibility.

13 hours ago, Pipiripi said:

Man was created from the DUST my friend. He was created by God that was always. God doesn't have a beginning and an end. 

No, you need to understand the science of evolution.  Just like we understand the science of gravity, biology, nuclear physics, chemistry, etc etc - when you understand the science of evolution you can move past the peer pressure of religion.

8 hours ago, Burl said:

I think interaction with the environment certainly  had an influence on the development of Homo sapiens.  We are now a little taller and less hairy.

When I compare the evolution of other species evolution is only a minor influence.  It can explain only physical traits.  Mankind has developed capabilities that are orders of magnitude beyond anything demonstrated by evolution.  Written language alone is so far beyond anything explicable by evolution that additional forces must be at work.

Detail from Berdadini marble.  The expression and apparent suppleness of this rock demands a better explanation than natural selection alone.

6-DF0-EA2-A-F818-41-F0-BCA4-8-E3-E24-CBD

It's okay Burl - you don't need to answer.  I was looking for another quote of mine when I came across your position in July 2018.  So unless it has developed,  you believe:

...the human species simply appeared or was created in its current form and that there is absolutely no scientific evidence that any species developed into another species.  

The idea that humans developed from Neanderthals, apes or amoebas is an evidence free, faith-based extrapolation.  It has never been scientifically observed and has no proposed MoA.

There is proof that evolution caused the extinction of once plentiful species.  There is proof many species have survived for aeons without any significant change.  But there is no proof of one species ever evolving into another.  All of the demonstrated change in life over time occurs at the sub-species level.

The idea that humans developed from Neanderthals, apes or amoebas is an evidence free, faith-based extrapolation.  It has never been scientifically observed and has no proposed MoA.

There is proof that evolution caused the extinction of once plentiful species.  There is proof many species have survived for aeons without any significant change.  But there is no proof of one species ever evolving into another.  All of the demonstrated change in life over time occurs at the sub-species level.

It is hard to have a frutiful discussion about the sceince of evolution with somebody who just wants to deny its reality instead for a faith-based view.

Your free to hold your view of course - I just find no merit or integrity in denying evolution.  It’s science.  It’s fact.  Just because it doesn’t help you understand your puzzle as to just why Homo sapiens are so fantastic, doesn’t mean the science of evolution should be denied.  God help us if our education system takes such a POV.

In fact, I think a better understanding of evolution might even offer a better understanding of what you are looking for, or at least help you ponder the question, whilst exercising your intellectual integrity.  Denying the science only cheats you of true understanding.

35 minutes ago, PaulS said:

It's okay Burl - you don't need to answer.  I was looking for another quote of mine when I came across your position in July 2018.  So unless it has developed,  you believe:

...the human species simply appeared or was created in its current form and that there is absolutely no scientific evidence that any species developed into another species.  

It is hard to have a frutiful discussion about the sceince of evolution with somebody who just wants to deny its reality instead for a faith-based view.

Your free to hold your view of course - I just find no merit or integrity in denying evolution.  It’s science.  It’s fact.  Just because it doesn’t help you understand your puzzle as to just why Homo sapiens are so fantastic, doesn’t mean the science of evolution should be denied.  God help us if our education system takes such a POV.

In fact, I think a better understanding of evolution might even offer a better understanding of what you are looking for, or at least help you ponder the question, whilst exercising your intellectual integrity.  Denying the science only cheats you of true understanding.

As I said, evolution is not a particular interest of mine.  

I suggest getting in touch with that group of Christians who are professional scientists.  There are certainly people there more knowledgeable than I.

1 hour ago, PaulS said:

No, you need to understand the science of evolution.  Just like we understand the science of gravity, biology, nuclear physics, chemistry, etc etc - when you understand the science of evolution you can move past the peer pressure of religion.

I understand the science of evolution. Now I have question for you.  When you see this movie, imagine that I'm the one that ask questions, and you have to answered my questions. If you don't see it is because you don't have an open mind. 

The Atheist Delusion Movie (2016) HD

I hope and pray for you to see it with an open mind. 

9 hours ago, Burl said:

No, Piriripi.  Moses did not write those books, but you are now correct in that God did not write them either.  They are of human origin.  Moses dies before the end of Exodus, and he certainly wrote nothing after he died. 

Genesis has at least four redactors of the Hebrew mythic history.  The two incompatible creation myths in Genesis show that the authors were fairly including all versions and not attempting to create a single, cohesive narrative.  This increases their credibility.

My brother, do you think that God cannot tell you to write down, what He is going to tell you what will happen in the future?

What about Daniel? John the revelator (Revelation)? And many more, and also in different period of times. 

One more question: Are you sure that your birthday is real?

I have born on 11-11-1961. I'm sure of my birthday. 

24 minutes ago, Pipiripi said:

I understand the science of evolution. Now I have question for you.  When you see this movie, imagine that I'm the one that ask questions, and you have to answered my questions. If you don't see it is because you don't have an open mind. 

The Atheist Delusion Movie (2016) HD

I hope and pray for you to see it with an open mind. 

Pipripi,

I only have so much time in my day and if I spent an hour on every book, film clip, movie etc that somebody asked me to spend time on because it supports their argument, I would literally have no time left even to feed myself.  I have read several reviews of this YouTube production and find it not of particular interest.  https://thehumanist.com/arts_entertainment/film/film-review-atheist-delusion

Cheers

Paul

1 hour ago, Burl said:

As I said, evolution is not a particular interest of mine.  

I suggest getting in touch with that group of Christians who are professional scientists.  There are certainly people there more knowledgeable than I.

I understand how evolution may not be a particular interest of yours and that many others are much more knowledgeable than you in that area, but by ignoring it, or even worse - denying it, in the face of extensive evidence (which still is not of particular interest to you) are you not choosing ignorance for something that makes you feel better i.e. you are happy supposing other reasons for your existence rather than basing them on the scientific reality of evolution?  It seems to me you are saying you are prepared to close the door on something because it simply does not interest you, even though it may reveal actual answers if you better understood it.

Worse, when you pretend to speak authoritatively about it and tell others it is a false science, what harm are you causing to people when you are actually not declaring that you don't actually understand it entirely, simply because it is not of interest to you.  This is what I was referring to about integrity.  Is not your integrity about wanting to know the truth compromised because you don't have a particular interest in a demonstrably proven area of science and reality.  Are you not being a little like an ostrich with its head in the sand because of your 'lack of interest'.  Surely, if you genuinely value truth, such a journey of discovery should compel you to investigate every element of that truth, even if it is challenging to your current beliefs.  Should it not?

16 minutes ago, Pipiripi said:

My brother, do you think that God cannot tell you to write down, what He is going to tell you what will happen in the future?

What about Daniel? John the revelator (Revelation)? And many more, and also in different period of times. 

One more question: Are you sure that your birthday is real?

I have born on 11-11-1961. I'm sure of my birthday. 

God can, but it is not likely that he did.  God did communicate to Moses through speech, but God did the writing Himself.  You need to be careful and not add your own ideas.  

Remember when Jesus taught he always spoke in parables so that the people would not understand.  Daniel was a Hebrew fable (not a real person), and John of Patmos was not spoken to but rather had dreams.

May I ask about your church and your Christian education?  Who is your teacher? (Acts 8:26-39)

25 minutes ago, PaulS said:

I understand how evolution may not be a particular interest of yours and that many others are much more knowledgeable than you in that area, but by ignoring it, or even worse - denying it, in the face of extensive evidence (which still is not of particular interest to you) are you not choosing ignorance for something that makes you feel better i.e. you are happy supposing other reasons for your existence rather than basing them on the scientific reality of evolution?  It seems to me you are saying you are prepared to close the door on something because it simply does not interest you, even though it may reveal actual answers if you better understood it.

Worse, when you pretend to speak authoritatively about it and tell others it is a false science, what harm are you causing to people when you are actually not declaring that you don't actually understand it entirely, simply because it is not of interest to you.  This is what I was referring to about integrity.  Is not your integrity about wanting to know the truth compromised because you don't have a particular interest in a demonstrably proven area of science and reality.  Are you not being a little like an ostrich with its head in the sand because of your 'lack of interest'.  Surely, if you genuinely value truth, such a journey of discovery should compel you to investigate every element of that truth, even if it is challenging to your current beliefs.  Should it not?

You call me an ignorant pretender who is lacking in integrity? 

I merely stated my own beliefs and opinions, and only at your multiple and insistent requests. You push and push for my thoughts on matters I clearly stated I consider trivial, and then you insult me for answering?

Take a hike.