Need To Hear From Religious Agnostics...

Hi, friends. I'm writing a book for Morehouse Publishing on how people live out their faith. To do this I have a survey that I've been circulating via the web, but I'm having a devil of a time getting feedback from folks who identify as "religious agnostics."

Since this is one of my categories of "faith styles" I cannot proceed with writing the book until I get some input from folks. I'm hoping you all can help me, because I think this is a very important way of living one's spirituality, and would like to see the opinions and perspectives of "religious agnostics" represented in the book.

Just for your info, I define "religious agnostics" as those who don't know if there is a God or gods, but choose to practice a historic (or eclectic) faith anyway, living a dialog of faith and doubt that is both challenging and rewarding. I identify this way myself, and I am sure there are others out there. I belong to a TCPC-affiliated church, and I'm hoping that there are others on the TCPC board who do as well.

Would any of you be interested in helping me out by answering a simple survey? If so, please send a private email to: jmabry@apocryphile.org.

Thanks for your help.

John (The Apocryphile)

Well I don't know, we might have some lurkers who are agnostics, but most of us are trying to live out a progressive faith-- not agnostism. You might see if there is an agnostic board. Gosh knows there is everything else. There should be one. Google it and maybe look on belief.net?

Good luck,

--des

• 2 weeks later...

Hi John,

I'd consider myself a (sort of) religious agnostic (mostly agnostic!), and I'm new to this message board. Basically, I stopped believing in Christianity (although not the idea of 'God' generally) about 15 years ago, but I still try to maintain a moral/ethical framework in my life that's based on the teachings of Jesus and others. Since the birth of my son a year ago, I've felt that it's not enough, but I'm not quite sure what to do about it, and I'm not sure if I'm ready to call myself a Christian again.

Anyway...I suppose that's a story for another posting!

I'm an academic and a researcher, so I'm always glad to help out a fellow researcher when I can! Let me know what I can do for you.

Heather (barrington_girl)

Hi, friends. I'm writing a book for Morehouse Publishing on how people live out their faith. To do this I have a survey that I've been circulating via the web, but I'm having a devil of a time getting feedback from folks who identify as "religious agnostics."

Since this is one of my categories of "faith styles" I cannot proceed with writing the book until I get some input from folks. I'm hoping you all can help me, because I think this is a very important way of living one's spirituality, and would like to see the opinions and perspectives of "religious agnostics" represented in the book.

Just for your info, I define "religious agnostics" as those who don't know if there is a God or gods, but choose to practice a historic (or eclectic) faith anyway, living a dialog of faith and doubt that is both challenging and rewarding. I identify this way myself, and I am sure there are others out there. I belong to a TCPC-affiliated church, and I'm hoping that there are others on the TCPC board who do as well.

Would any of you be interested in helping me out by answering a simple survey? If so, please send a private email to: jmabry@apocryphile.org.

Thanks for your help.

John (The Apocryphile)