What Do All Christians Have In Common?

des

But since I have a born again sister, I like to think about what things we might have in common. For me this has worked to a certain extent and we have a much better relationship than we have had previously (other factors like mom's dementia figure in). I also do have friends or let's say acquaintances with more conservative beliefs.

I have 2 "born again" sisters, not to mention parents, last living grandparent, and countless friends from college! I rarely discuss religion or politics with my family (except my younger sister). I have better luck with college friends because, well, we went to the same college and they are more moderate than conservative.

I find it better to focus on what we have in common as far as other things. For example, the fact that we are all creators. My mother sews and does embroidery, my oldest sister is a knitter, the next is a quilter, I sew, my younger sister sews, too.

"...the sacrifice of a supernova in the creation of all matter."

This also applies to the way in which black holes operate. As matter and light is sucked into it's massive gravitational swirls, never to escape in the same way again, it is annihilated and spewed back out in twin jets of radiation, gas, and ions at opposing 180 degree angles.

This phenomenon has been observed over the past ten years or so, first through the use of radio then visual telescopes. And now it is widely believed that most, if not all, galaxies have massive black holes at their centers.

Life, death, rebirth,... the universal cycle of sacrifice played out over light years and eons. And even the atoms of our bodies and brains came from that process originally.

flow.... :rolleyes:

Edited by flowperson

The issue of beliefs vs. actions was mentioned earlier. So who decides if Christianity is a belief system or a way of life? I think it's missing the point to say it's both. Beliefs alone is one kind of Christianity. Beliefs plus whatever actions the believer chooses is another. I want God to choose, the real one, not just a character in a book or whoever a bunch of people agree is God. I think following Jesus Christ has let me be led by God. That's just my perspective, of course. It's either right or wrong, maybe mostly one or the other.

It is also my perspective, though, that the needy are terribly neglected both by many with conservative beliefs and with liberal beliefs. This is more hypocritical for those who call the Bible the Word of God, with its promise of everlasting punishment for such neglect than those who can legitimately call that hyperbole. So who is Christian, not otherwise specified. Is it those who think beliefs matter most or those who do the will of God, revealed through Jesus Christ, regardless of belief?

Is it those who think beliefs matter most or those who do the will of God, revealed through Jesus Christ, regardless of belief?

I'm going with #2. isn't there a parable about two brothers? The father asks them to do something one says no, but ends up doing it. The other says yes and ends up not doing it. It is the one who does it who is recognized as right.