Personal Nuggets to share

I thought it might be good for people to share any nuggets in this thread that they have gleamed from life and personally witness to. Whether from he Bible, other books or just personal experience. Here are a few examples i can personally relate to.

* When you live strictly for the future and then achieve your goals, they don't satisfy you for long. When you give more attention to the doing than to the future result you want, your doing becomes more effective, fulfilling and joyful.

*In pure awareness of your thoughts is found the power to change them and transform your life.

* Situations don't make you unhappy even though there may be physical pain. Rather, your thoughts and interpretations and the stories you tell yourself about it make you unhappy.

Got any that witness to you?

Joseph

• 2 weeks later...

There is no black and white - rather, everything is shades of grey.

Our experiences make us who we are.  We would be that other person if we'd had their experiences.

We're all going to die eventually, so try not to take it too seriously and enjoy the ride.  I think considering those who will come after you is a nice thing to do.

• 4 weeks later...

I don't know whether this could be called a nugget that I have gleaned from life or have even personally witnessed, but I have often reminded myself of a saying attributed to a Persian poet named Saadi from the 1200's - "“I cried because I had no shoes, until I met  a man who had no feet.”  

On 10/1/2019 at 7:10 AM, Burl said:

Seek contentment

For me, seeking contentment, happiness etc is not the way. Noticing when you have them is enough.

6 hours ago, PaulS said:

I cried because I had no shoes, until I met  a man who had no feet.”  

Yeah …  I remember taking our son to BC Children's Hospital. Seeing the cancer ward for children was educational. Seeing other kids with epilepsy was instructional too.

• 4 months later...

From the Pauline Epistles:

"Do not rejoice in what is evil, but delight in what is good."

It's a choice

Once I learned that this is a choice I've been able to fine-tune my thinking more and this has lead to great moments of inner peace, as well as a general sense of inner peace also.