Posting Long Articles

Guest admin

Guest admin

Hi everyone :)

Had a few, uh, things come up recently on the boards, so I thought it might be good to say this somewhere...

When you are thinking about posting longer articles

... that you have written:

Keep in mind that this is mostly a place for discussion, so it might be better to pull out a theme or two and begin a discussion around that, rather than using the boards as a place to publish articles or blog entries or other longer pieces. If you have longer articles or stories that you would like to share regularly, I can give you advice on starting up a weblog for free that you can link to from here. Or, we could start an area of the boards for certain types of stories or writing.

... that someone else has written:

Both for copyright reasons and to keep the posts shorter, consider posting an excerpt from the piece that is relevant to the discusssion and then linking to the remainder of the piece if it exists somewhere else on the web.

This does not apply to most posts I have seen - I think everyone is pretty much up on "board etiquette" - but there it is, just in case. Let me know if you have any thoughts about this or have something to add.

Have fun ;)

• 10 months later...
Guest admin

You can submit blogs to me at webmaster@tcpc.org to put on our blog lists! You can also put it in the links/resources folder here on the message boards.

Important Information

terms of service