Don't Ever Mow The Lawn

AletheiaRivers

I just spent the past 2 1/2 hours in the emergency room because I was stupid enough to do so myself. :rolleyes:

Something shot out from the lawnmower and punctured my ankle, right at the artery. Did you know that arteries bleed ... A LOT?! :lol:

The doctor took an x-ray to make sure there wasn't something still embedded in there and then I got a TETANUS/DIPHTHERIA vaccine. I expected that would hurt worse than my ankle, but surprisingly, it didn't.

I wouldn't have gone to the emergency room but I KNEW that I was out of date on my tetanus booster and I am not sure that what I got stuck with WASN'T a rusty nail. Seriously. <_< The people we bought the house from last November were slobs and left nails and broken glass all over the place. :angry:

Anyway ... I'm ok. The ankle is wrapped and I get to spend the entire next two days on my butt reading. :D

Edited by AletheiaRivers

Update:

OUCH!!!! Ouch Ouch Ouch Ouch Ouch Ouch Ouch Ouch Ouch Ouch Ouch !!! :angry:

I tried to be stoic, but I'm a wuss. It hurts. Thank goodness for codeine. :P:D

I think from now on when I mow the lawn that not only will I wear combat boots, but goggles and shin guards.

Edited by AletheiaRivers

Update:

OUCH!!!! Ouch Ouch Ouch Ouch Ouch Ouch Ouch Ouch Ouch Ouch Ouch !!!  :angry:

I tried to be stoic, but I'm a wuss. It hurts. Thank goodness for codeine.  :P  :D

Ouch, Ouch, Ouch is right... Yesterday was a rough day for her. Having to hobble up and down from three different floors in our split level home to do even the most basic things just wasn't fun for her. And if it wasn't her foot that bothered her it was the arm they did the Tetnus shot in. Ouch, ouch, ouch all over again.

Cynthia I like your idea for her... Hot Tea or better yet a Hot Foamy Carmel Machiatto, good book and chocolate... (Leg up on pillows of course)

For those of you who don't know I'm the husband :D...

So, hun follow most of Cynthia's advise and stay off your feet again today. :). Love you...

Actually, me and the hubby are going to Xeriscape, probably next year. This year we need to do a whole lot to improve soil drainage because our yard actually has a tendency to stay quite wet. We even have lichen growing in our back yard along our fence where it doesn't get any sun. LOL! Utah isn't supposed to have lichen! Perhaps I shall plant moisture loving, shade loving Hostas in that one area. :D Part of our Xeriscaping project is to remove most of the grass.

We just planted two willow trees out back to soak up some of the water here. The rear part of my back yard is like a sponge.

I have fence posts back there that I can move back and forth in the ground, it is so soft, and when I do it you can hear the water sloshing around.

I'm with you all about the no-mowing thing. I'm planning to plant a lot of indigenous ground cover and/or just put up a sign that says "Natural Area"...

How is your foot feeling, Aletheia? Better?

My foot is doing much better. When I push on the area where the hole was, I get small electrical-type "shocks" that run down into my toes. I suspect this is due to minor nerve damage and hope that is will go away. Otherwise, other than my ankle being a bit blue, everything is fine and dandy.

"Nature area" - I love it. I'm thinking of how to make the sign now! :P

Aletheia, lots of folks here in NM do xeriscaping. However, my lot is zeroscaped. Nothing.

Lots of weeds. Every so often I have some guy come over and whack em.

--des