Hello!

M. H. Lillie

Greetings! My name is Miriam, and I have only recently come to reclaim the Christian label in my spiritual life. Coming from a more fundamentalist background, I have had to take time to reflect on my experiences of Christianity from a safe distance before re-engaging with organized religion. The writings of such authors as Rob Bell and John Shelby Spong have been a valuable support in that process. I am grateful to have recently found a local church group that accepts and supports me as an eclectic, progressive Christian, and I now hope to build on that experience by connecting to wider discussions of faith online. I am also in the process of developing a blog that focuses on engaging with faith through questions, so I hope that learning from fellow members will help to better inform my writing in the future. I look forward to taking part!

• Upvote 2

Welcome Miriam,

I hope you enjoy the forum and derive some value from it. 

Questions (and debate) are pretty popular here and we share a broad scale of beliefs and non-beliefs.

Many of us here have been associated with fundamental Christianity (not all).  Some have returned to the fold so to speak with perhaps a new understanding, others may continue links with Christianity but without the typical beliefs that many say Christians must believe.

Either way, (and in many of other ways for that matter) discussions and debate are excellent for learning and there is plenty of information also available in our archives.

Enjoy your stay here.

Cheers

Paul

48 minutes ago, Burl said:

Welcome, Miriam.  

Easter approaches, and the story of the death, transformation and resurrection of your faith is most timely.

Good point! I can bring some of my own "lived experience" to Holy Week this year. Thank you—I hadn't thought of it that way.

Thank you, Paul and Burl, for the warm welcomes!