Heathens! 2

Burl

• Replies 180
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Most of Heathens! was culled from humor aggregation sites.  Unfortunately they have all started focusing on reposting stupid subreddit animations.  Lots of TicToks and tiddies but not many photographs.  

The last post was really just an imaginary wisecrack and not quite up to the Heathens! standard of genuine humor in religious life.  I need new sources.

I also think there is much unappreciated humor in the Bible and that Jesus was often rather snarky.  This is one reason why it is important to read the Bible aloud.  Verbal inflections can completely change the meaning of many passages. 

4 hours ago, Burl said:

I also think there is much unappreciated humor in the Bible and that Jesus was often rather snarky.  This is one reason why it is important to read the Bible aloud.  Verbal inflections can completely change the meaning of many passages. 

Interesting - I had never considered this. Thanks.

Many do not know that the bible has no chapters, verses, sentences, capitals, punctuation or even spaces between words.

Each book is simply one long and uninterrupted string of letters.  Everything else is editorial insertions by the translators, and they do influence meaning.

It’s not documented in the text, but anyone who has ever been out with commercial fishermen knows when Peter stepped out onto the water and then sunk the entire crew was 😂.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...