Comments By Fred Plumer

Well, this is interesting. I have been reading the good Bishop's column for years now - never participated in the website nor this discussion group. Let's see how this works.
This is my response to the latest column by Mr. Plumer. I think he was spot on. Curious what the larger audience out there thinks. I kind of assumed there would already by a discussion started on this topic. But . . I plan to look around a bit. Thanks.
Column by Fred Plumer

Thank you sir, for this most recent comment. I will also post this to the discussion forum if I can figure out how to do that.

Your note on the expectations you have of authors was the best short summary of Progressive Christianity I have seen. Thanks for that.
AND . . . you are right. Some of your authors have fallen short of my expectations. Some of them seem trapped in tradition or superstition. I have considered cancelling the subscription several times in the past few months. I tend to lean toward the "atheistic" side of this, but I don't really like that term. Non-Theist might be better. And I like to think of myself as an ardent Christian in spite of that.
BUT . . . you give me hope. I don't know what your full time job is, but thank you for this. AND I intend to find out what other resources Progressive Christianity provides as an organization. Bishop Spong was a great introduction to this, but the quality has deteriorated.
I will try to be more specific and give more critique in the future, and we shall see.
Thanks. Do appreciate it.

Well, this is interesting. I have been reading the good Bishop's column for years now - never participated in the website nor this discussion group. Let's see how this works.
This is my response to the latest column by Mr. Plumer. I think he was spot on. Curious what the larger audience out there thinks. I kind of assumed there would already by a discussion started on this topic. But . . I plan to look around a bit. Thanks.
Column by Fred Plumer

Thank you sir, for this most recent comment. I will also post this to the discussion forum if I can figure out how to do that.

Your note on the expectations you have of authors was the best short summary of Progressive Christianity I have seen. Thanks for that.
AND . . . you are right. Some of your authors have fallen short of my expectations. Some of them seem trapped in tradition or superstition. I have considered cancelling the subscription several times in the past few months. I tend to lean toward the "atheistic" side of this, but I don't really like that term. Non-Theist might be better. And I like to think of myself as an ardent Christian in spite of that.
BUT . . . you give me hope. I don't know what your full time job is, but thank you for this. AND I intend to find out what other resources Progressive Christianity provides as an organization. Bishop Spong was a great introduction to this, but the quality has deteriorated.
I will try to be more specific and give more critique in the future, and we shall see.
Thanks. Do appreciate it.

I'm missing something here: what and where is Fred Plumer's comments?