The Great Apostasy! These Days Are Here Today!

GISMYS

1 Timothy 4:1

The Great Apostasy

4 Now the Spirit expressly says that in latter times some will depart from the faith, giving heed to deceiving spirits and doctrines of demons, 2 speaking lies in hypocrisy.

2 Timothy 4:3-4

3 For the time will come when they will not endure sound doctrine; but after their own lusts shall they heap to themselves teachers, having itching ears;

4 And they shall turn away their ears from the truth, and shall be turned unto fables.

Truth is what we should be seeking and real Truth and wisdom is found in God's Word not in any little man's idea or opinion.

Jesus says==If you continue in My word, you are truly My disciples. 32Then you will know the truth, and the truth will set you free. John 8:31-32

GIMSYS, peace be unto you and to your house.

Have you read how Jesus taught his disciples to spread the word in the synoptic gospels? Matthew 10, Mark 6, Luke 9.

Jesus' teaching methods were different from other teachers and are quite interesting. This might be a more productive place to start.

Your witness is rather erratic. I feel like I'm getting 'ding dong ditched' by passive-aggressive Jehovah's Witnesses.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Yes! I love to post God's Word and God's Word says that His Word will not return void.

◄ Isaiah 55:11 ►

God says==so is my word that goes out from my mouth: It will not return to me empty, but will accomplish what I desire and achieve the purpose for which I sent it.

Gismys,

Most of us here have already read the Bible multiple times along with other religious books. There is no need to just continue to quote verses in it (the Bible) in topic after topic without discussing your interpretation or view about it and asking others their opinion. You said "real Truth and wisdom is found in God's Word (I assume you mean the Bible) not in any little man's idea or opinion" . If you are not open to opinions or alternative views you are wasting your time here on this site. If you refuse to share your own thoughts and respect others whose views may differ and are just going to continue to post verses, i will be forced to delete your posts as spam.

If you are just unfamiliar with what Progressive Christianity is about here i would recommend reading THIS THREAD all the way through to see what members here have to say. Please be advised this is a discussion board, not a God's word bulletin board.

In peace,

JosephM (as Moderator)

Sounds like some have no love for God's Word just as Bible prophecy says it would be in the last days!!

The Bible is the Word of Truth

Psalm 119:160 The sum of your word is truth, and every one of your righteous rules endures forever.

Daniel 10:21 But I will tell you what is inscribed in the book of truth: there is none who contends by my side against these except Michael, your prince.

John 17:17 Sanctify them in the truth; your word is truth.

Ephesians 1:13-14 In him you also, when you heard the word of truth, the gospel of your salvation, and believed in him, were sealed with the promised Holy Spirit, who is the guarantee of our inheritance until we acquire possession of it, to the praise of his glory.

James 1:18 Of his own will he brought us forth by the word of truth, that we should be a kind of firstfruits of his creatures.

Why desire a DEAD message board?? WHAT A WASTE OF TIME!!! MAY GOD REBUKE THOSE THAT WOULD TRY TO HINDER HIS WORD FROM BEING POSTED TO A DIEING WORLD!!!! TIME IS VERY SHORT!!! ARE YOU READY TO MEET JESUS??? WILL YOU MEET JESUS AS YOUR FINAL JUDGE OR AS YOUR LORD AND SAVIOR??? YOUR CHOICE!!! BEWARE!!

Member GISMYS (which is an acronym for God is my Source) is now banned from this site for not conforming to the purpose/intent and etiquette of this discussion board. While not on the Spam list our system uses, google research shows him previously banned from at least 3 other forums for his verbal behavior and using sites as a Bible pasting board.

JosephM (as Admin)

PS 2 other topics by Gismys on this forum have had no responses and were deleted as Spam

Edited by JosephM
added PS

It seems to me that when one 'buys into' or decides to unconditionally believe the premise that the Bible is actually God's Word, there is little room for discussion. That premise doesn't appear to leave any room for reason outside of what is written therein as understood by the reader. Essentially, the door is closed to other views or opinions.

It seems indeed sad to me to see another encompassed by that self-imposed wall. Yet having been walled in myself i can see there is always hope that when the time and conditions are ripe that if by no other explanation than grace, the walls will crumble and the light begin to expose itself so a new and more progressive personal journey may begin. The premise that "The Bible is the Word of God" is to me the first false premise that needs to be shed before other false beliefs contained therein can be exposed.

Just thinking out loud,

Joseph

GISMYS viewpoint did not come about in Christianity until John Darby in the late 18C. It was roundly rejected as heresy and bibliolatry except by small groups of independent ministers on the American frontier.

Scripture does not claim to be the "Word of God". It describes itself as a tool for the teaching of righteousness in 2 Timothy. Proper interpretation is not a simple exercise, but spontaneous revelation does occur with regularity.

I would say Scripture is a vehicle for transmitting the word of God, but it is not God's word itself.

Edited by Burl

Burl,

Actually i think it was the 19th century. Some attribute the "Doctrine of the Rapture" to him but others say he just revived or popularized it. I like your description of the Bible with the word "vehicle". Unfortunately to me it transports a lot of old customs and outdated thinking concerning God with it. However, having said that, i find portions truly deep, contemplative and inspiring to the point that some of its principles can be verified by experience and life-changing if implemented in ones life.

Joseph

Joseph, you are correct. I am glad crazy folk like GISMYS have faith, and it sure beats being a perpetual skeptic but folks like GISMYS sure embarass educated bible believers.

I avoid disrupting peoples faith, especially online. GISMYS will move forward in time, and you are kind in helping him move forward in a more appropriate environment.