Hello!

KitKatMatt

I am very excited to have found these forums!

I grew up and still live in an extremely conservative area. I attended a strict Southern Baptist church for most of my life, and it was not good for me. I still struggle with guilt and shame to this day, though I'm doing all I can to overcome it and be comfortable with myself. Over the years I have come and gone from Christianity because of this. Right now I would consider myself an agnostic Christian.

I have read the 8 Points and they meet so well with what I believe! I've visited many Christian forums and this is the first one that I actually feel comfortable with upon looking at the statement of faith.

I hope to be very active here :)

• Upvote 1

Welcome KitKatMatt,

Glad to have you here. In my view, guilt and shame rather than being constructive, for the most part tend to keep us in bondage . I think seeing that helps us to rise above it. May you be blessed to permanently break free of that cycle that you struggle with and enter the freedom and peace that comes with courage , acceptance, and reason.

Again welcome,

Joseph

Hello KitKatMatt!

I believe we have already met elsewhere in the cyberspace before. It's very nice to see you end up here too! How are you doing nowadays? Do you speak Swedish already? :)

I found this place a month or so ago myself. The 8-point statement of faith was very attractive for me too and I would actually like to dig deeper into it, but for some reason I haven't yet started to make posts about it.

Hello KitKatMatt!
I believe we have already met elsewhere in the cyberspace before. It's very nice to see you end up here too! How are you doing nowadays? Do you speak Swedish already? :)
I found this place a month or so ago myself. The 8-point statement of faith was very attractive for me too and I would actually like to dig deeper into it, but for some reason I haven't yet started to make posts about it.

Yes, I believe we have met before! :D

No Swedish yet, but I always look forward to the possibility that I can go visit my family there one day. I'd be really interested in your posts though! How do you add friends here? I'm going to try to do that with you, haha.

Yes, I believe we have met before! :D

No Swedish yet, but I always look forward to the possibility that I can go visit my family there one day. I'd be really interested in your posts though! How do you add friends here? I'm going to try to do that with you, haha.

I guess you figured it out, because it says we're friends now. My settings were apparently a bit off because it didn't give me any notification about it, I guess those are the defaults or then I've unintentionally tampered with them at some point...

Have you tried the chat on this site? I occasionally pop there but either I'm doing something wrong or it's not very active because I've never met another human soul there. Just wondering if I'm doing something wrong with it...

I felt obliged to make a thread about one of the points because I mentioned that, so I just started with this one:

http://tcpc.ipbhost.com/index.php?/topic/3650-my-life-my-statement-of-faith/

I look forward to reading about your thoughts there!

I guess you figured it out, because it says we're friends now. My settings were apparently a bit off because it didn't give me any notification about it, I guess those are the defaults or then I've unintentionally tampered with them at some point...

Have you tried the chat on this site? I occasionally pop there but either I'm doing something wrong or it's not very active because I've never met another human soul there. Just wondering if I'm doing something wrong with it...

I felt obliged to make a thread about one of the points because I mentioned that, so I just started with this one:

http://tcpc.ipbhost.com/index.php?/topic/3650-my-life-my-statement-of-faith/

I look forward to reading about your thoughts there!

Apparently it's the default that auto accepts friend requests, or at least that's what I saw when I checked my settings.

I haven't tried the chat yet! I will be doing that soon I hope :D

Awesome post, by the way! I plan on posting a bit maybe later today :)

Apparently it's the default that auto accepts friend requests, or at least that's what I saw when I checked my settings.

I haven't tried the chat yet! I will be doing that soon I hope :D

Awesome post, by the way! I plan on posting a bit maybe later today :)

We should really test the chat :) I'll leave it running on the background when I'm around, I hope to see you there sometime!

And thanks!

Welcome KitKatMatt,

I come from a similar fundamental church background and dealt with the guilt trip of rejecting everything I had been indoctrinated with concerning Jesus & the bible, in my late teens/early twenties. I revisited Christianity in my 40's but only because I discovered this 'progressive Christianity' line of thought. For me, I find it a much more sensible and palatable way of viewing Jesus, the Old testament God, and the bible.

I hope you enjoy participating here.

Cheers

Paul

Welcome KitKatMatt,

I come from a similar fundamental church background and dealt with the guilt trip of rejecting everything I had been indoctrinated with concerning Jesus & the bible, in my late teens/early twenties. I revisited Christianity in my 40's but only because I discovered this 'progressive Christianity' line of thought. For me, I find it a much more sensible and palatable way of viewing Jesus, the Old testament God, and the bible.

I hope you enjoy participating here.

Cheers

Paul

Thank your post! I am really glad I finally found a website that centers on ideas that I think are important after the stuff I grew up with :)