On Being A Christian

Realspiritik

Hi friends. Jesus here.

God giveth, and God taketh away. One door closes, and another door opens. God loves you so much that he gave his only begotten son to the end that whosoever believes in him should have everlasting life.

Well, 2 out of 3 ain't bad.

God absolutely, without question, has the intrinsic ability to shake things up in your life, to literally give you some new things, and take away other things. God always does this with the basic goal of helping you remember how to be your best self, to help you remember how to "close" the door on choices that don't help you reclaim your true angelic self, and to "open" the door on the positive, loving choices that are available to you at all times, should you so choose.

God is always striving to help you remember that when it comes right down to the truth, you are and always will be a beautifully adored angel. God knows you'll never be happy as a soul-in-human-form until you figure out how to balance your 4-D emotional needs with your 3-D physical needs. God knows you'll never be happy as a human until you've figured out how to live within the Christ Zone. A loving God, you see, needs you to be healthy and happy. Not wants you to be healthy and happy -- needs you to be healthy and happy. A loving Mother and Father, who created you in a state of blessing and perfection as an angel, get just as upset as any loving human parents would get if you were to end up miserable, depressed, stressed out, and addicted. A loving God, the radiantly beautiful Mother and Father who gave you life as an angel, have big, big hearts filled with love and compassion. They have big, loving, tender, vulnerable hearts -- hearts so soft and tender they remind you of . . . well . . . the hearts of newborn babies.

Each time you, as an angel, choose to incarnate (which isn't very often -- I've had only two lives as a human, the last one being as Jesus) God the Mother, God the Father, and the wonderful angels who love you as part of the Choir of Angels, pick you up and hug you and say from deep within their loving hearts, "Are you sure you're ready? You know how much this is gonna hurt, right?" And you nod and tell them from your heart that you really want and need to do this thing, this painful thing, because it teaches you so much about the wisdom of your Mother and Father -- but while you say it, you're sobbing, and they're sobbing, and, well, everybody's sobbing, but none of your angelic friends stop you from going because they TRUST you.

They trust you. God trusts you. We, the angels, never give up on you as a human, no matter how many lousy choices you make, because we trust you. We trust the angel we love and know, the angel we've been loving and knowing since you first delighted God the Mother and God the Father with the infinitely loving person you are as an angel.

You delight us not through worship, or obedience, but merely by being your genuinely gorgeous angelic self, filled with curiosity and eagerness and humbleness and joy -- like an innocent child. You delight us because you write such beautiful poems and sing such beautiful new songs, songs that nobody in all Creation could have written but you. You delight us because you ask the most amazing questions, and then go out to find the answers -- an angelic Indiana Jones. You delight us because you're such a kind person, and you're always thinking of ways to show us you love us, but -- and this is a huge "but" -- even better, from our point of view, you delight us because you let us show you how much you mean to us. You let us hug you. You let us tell you how proud we are of your loving, totally ingenuous heart. You let us love you. Thank you -- you have no idea what that means to us.

I will not deny that from the point of view of the angels, not many people experience God this way while they're human. Angels spend a lot of time wincing, crying, and forgiving their friends who are souls-in-human-form, because some of the ideas that come out of the Darwinian circuit of your brain are breathtakingly cruel. We absolutely believe in your true soul self, and we know you'd never think, say, or do many of the things you do while human if you really understood what you were doing. We know you're not trying to hurt God's feelings, but I have to be honest here, and say that most of you are.

Angels have big, big hearts. We get hurt. We cry. We sob, in fact. But while we're sobbing, we're still hanging onto you with all our might. We're still right beside you, right there to comfort you and encourage you. Angels are pretty grown up. We can deal with the pain you dish out, even while you attack God, judge God, demand things from God that nobody should demand, and, worst of all, refuse to believe in your true worth. To me, and to all other angels, that's the worst part. We cry hardest when you judge yourself as unworthy and unfit to be loved as a one-of-a-kind angel by God. When you're sitting with your journal going over and over all the reasons why think you don't deserve to be loved, or kneeling on the cold, hard floor in self-negating prayer, your very own guardian angel is a basketcase of sadness. Angels cry because they haven't given up on you the way you've given up on yourself.

So when Lily claimed a couple of days ago that "most people DO try to be the best they can be already, or haven't you noticed?" I, as an angel, would have to disagree.

Thank you.

Love Jesus

April 19, 2005

In the April 20, 2005 edition of the Toronto Star, a front page story by Oakland Ross talked about the case of Brazilian friar Leonardo Boff, a promoter of social justice in the form of liberation theology. Boff ran afoul of Cardinal Ratzinger, then head of the Congregation for the Doctrine of the Faith. By the time Ratzinger was finished with him, "Boff withdrew to the quiet of a Franciscan monastery outside Rio de Janiero, where a Brazilian bishop later sought him out and urged him to fight back, to launch an indictment against Ratzinger, charging the powerful German prelate with heresy. But Boff said no. He said he could never subject someone else to the sort of ordeal he'd just endured himself."

Which of these two men was in the Christ Zone? Which of these two men had been listening to God's voice, had been trying to learn the most he possibly could from the painful conflict? Which of these two men "got it right" from the point of view of the God Team?

Whatever mistakes Boff might have made along the way, he learned the most powerful lesson a human being can learn -- there are limits. There's a line that must never be crossed if you really want to be able to look at yourself in the mirror and like yourself.

Living in the Christ Zone means learning to make choices based on what's right from the point of view of your soul and the angels, NOT what's right from the point of view of those human beings who've lost touch with the Truth. In this regard, the march of history is not a particularly good teacher of how to live in the Christ Zone. History books overflow with descriptions of so-called mighty heroes whom you're expected to revere and emulate, heroes like Alexander the Great, for example. I humbly suggest, however, that if you were to follow all the moral and military choices made by Alexander, you would not become the kind of person whom others would genuinely like. You would become, well, a psychopath, a person feared by others but not liked, not even a tiny little bit. You would become a person living out on the extremes of the Cross I described a few days ago, a person making all her or his choices from the Darwinian circuit of your brain. You would become little more than a brilliant computer program dedicated to "survival". In all likelihood, you'd be very "smart", very "shrewd", very "calculating". You might also acquire lots of money, power, notoriety. You'd have lots and lots of "stuff", but absolutely no one to love you (except God), because, when you get right down to it, who can love a computer program, no matter how handsome?

Feed a cold, starve a fever.

Feed the Darwinian circuit, starve the soul circuit. That's the basic choice Alexander the Great made. No matter how many times he felt stirrings of guilt within, he repressed the messages of his own soul. No matter how many times he woke up with nightmares, migraines, gastrointestinal pain, and pure panic, no matter how depressed he felt about the fact that nobody loved him, he repressed the messages of his soul circuit, and kept right on marching, burning, pillaging, and "conquering". He made a choice -- not a compassionate choice, but a choice nonetheless -- to lie to himself. He made a choice to tell himself that what he was doing was okay. How do I know? Because all addicts lie to themselves. All addicts give themselves permission to do whatever they need to do in order to get a high. Addicts remain addicts until they make the powerful choice to CHANGE.

Many readers will understand from personal experience that making the choice to change, to admit you have a problem that only you can fix, is hard work, but it's the only certain path to peace. No one but you can give you the profound peace that comes from looking at yourself in the mirror and knowing deep in your gut that you're on the right page, that you're trying as hard as possible to be the best person you can be. No one but you has the courage to say "no" to the unloving thoughts that sometimes arise from the Darwinian circuit of your brain, to choose instead the wisdom of your own soul.

Nobody who's gone through addiction withdrawal would say it's fast, easy, or even feasible without emotional support. Addiction withdrawal is a team effort. The person who's addicted takes responsibility for his/her need to change, and makes healthier choices with the emotional support of family, friends, and professionals. The recovering addict, whether he or she realizes it, is reprogramming the circuitry of the brain, literally starving out the selfish choices of the Darwinian circuit, and bolstering an under-nourished soul circuit. If the recovering addict is lucky, she or he will also ask God for help. She or he will realize that the task of literally rewiring the brain from the inside out seems a whole lot less daunting when you trust -- deeply, deeply trust -- that asking God to help you be your best self is the one prayer God always answers.

Let me repeat: the one prayer that God always answers is your heartfelt request to be guided back to a remembrance of your best self. To be your best self is to live within the Christ Zone. To be your best self is to live with Courage, Trust, Devotion, and Gratitude. To be your best self is to so believe in the beauty and integrity of your own soul that you're willing, as a human being, to take personal responsibility for the choices you make. To be your best self is to learn, with God's help, where the line is, and vow not to cross it.

Thank you.

Love Jesus

April 23, 2005

Turning to some of the original questions, I have to say I agree with the need for a supposition that Jesus is more than just a great guy who lived a long time ago and who, by some stroke of luck, was so influential that he inspired several of his colleagues to write about him and quote his parables and sermons.

I have myself struggled with the problem of "once I've freed myself from the shackles of off-the-shelf Christianity, where do I draw the line? How do I define myself as a "Christian".

I lack Jen's certainty, as well as her ability to channel Jesus. I do not even know what the God Team uniform looks like.

I come to this Board to hear what others who have thought more and deeply have to say. I like FredIP's suggstion that Jesus is Divine son of the Father. I'll vote for that.

S

Jesus here.

Words are cheap.

From the point of view of your angelic friends on the Other Side (i.e. the 4th dimension) perhaps the greatest source of misery for human beings is your capacity to use words in ways that do not reflect the reality of the internal choices they're making.

In other words, life sucks for billions of people on Planet Earth because so many people expend so much energy lying to themselves and lying to each other.

Words are apparently so cheap that people will say just about anything to get themselves off the hook for problems they've caused on purpose. I emphasize I'm not interested in pointing fingers at the people who have accidentally caused harm, who were just in the wrong place at the wrong time, and who are genuinely horrified that their actions caused harm. I'm only interested in talking to you about the millions of people who tell outright lies so they don't have to take responsibility for the choices they've made. I'm talking about emotional abusers.

As an angel, I have to listen to the cruel lies the Darwinian circuit of your brain concocts in order to "spare you" the hard work of making honest changes in your life. One of the biggest lies I hear in my work as an angel is this one: "As long as I say the right things in my prayers to God, everything is fine, and I'm doing the best I can possibly do. As long as I say I'm sorry in words, I'm off the hook as far as God is concerned -- I've made amends, and God and I are simpatico."

In other words, the prayer acts as some sort of magical "fix-it" pill that absolves you of all responsibility to understand your internal motivations, your existing emotional choices, and the effect your choices have had on other people. The prayer acts as a magical messenger between you and God, allowing your reputedly inferior human thoughts to somehow be transferred into a dignified format that's acceptable to God. The prayer, naturally, takes the form of words -- "God, I did such-and-such, and I'm truly sorry. God, if only you'd send me someone who could love me, I'd be fine. God, if only you'd heal me of my affliction, I promise I'll dedicate my life to your service."

Words, words, words. Most prayers are filled with excuses, with blame, with begging, and with false humility. It's hot air. It's bluster. It's filling up time with lots of impressive words like "love" and "compassion" and "loving my neighbour as myself" so you can tell yourself you're doing the best job you can possibly do as a human being. Meanwhile, as you're busily praying so you can get in good with God, you're still holding a grudge against your child because he/she accidentally broke a family heirloom, and you're not even making an effort to let go of the grudge. Not even a bit of an effort. You're not even trying to be your best self. Those who live in the Christ Zone know how to forgive, and they don't hold grudges. If you're not trying with all your might to at least understand what forgiveness might mean, you're not trying nearly as hard as God knows you can.

God is in the trying, folks. Always has been, always will be. God isn't in the words. God isn't in the rules. God is in the trying, your trying to make the same kinds of choices the angels make (4-D angels, that is). God is in your trying to overcome adversity. God is in your trying to learn from your mistakes and the mistakes of others. God is in your trying to always see the glass as half full rather than as half empty. God is in your trying to make lemonade out of lemons. God is in your trying as hard as you possibly can to plant the seeds of forgiveness and compassion in the world around you through your actions, not through your words. God is in your trying to put your money where your mouth is.

Everyone who's human has at one time or another done something they can't live with, something that digs into their conscience. Everyone who's caused harm to someone on purpose knows how hard it is to look that someone in the eye -- right in the eye -- and be humble and honest and say "I'm sorry" without any excuses, qualifying statements, or "buts". That takes guts. That takes self honesty. That takes maturity. That takes a strong sense of personal responsibility, and a genuine desire to make things right between you and the person you harmed.

If this is not the emotional attitude you cultivate in your relationship with God, you're not in the Christ Zone.

People have the strangest idea that God doesn't have any feelings. They have the strangest belief they can say anything they want to God and it won't hurt God's heart. They believe they can ask God to forgive them for causing harm, and that it won't hurt God's heart if they don't really mean it. Of course God will forgive you anyway (whether you mean it or not) but that doesn't mean you haven't hurt the hearts of the angels who love you.

When you're praying to God, you should be thinking about your relationship with God in the same way you should be thinking about the human beings you truly love whom you've harmed through your bad choices. You should be looking God in the eye. Just as you know you'll feel a whole lot better about yourself if you look your child in the eye and apologize from the heart for holding a grudge against him/her, so should you try to be as mature and honest as possible in your relationship with God. This means no whining, grovelling, or begging. There's no place in a mature heart for whining, grovelling, or begging. Just shoot for honesty, for self forgiveness, and for a desire not to make the same harmful mistakes again, and you'll be as much in the Christ Zone as it's possible to be.

Thank you.

Love Jesus

April 26, 2005

THE FOUR MINUTE SPACE

One day, the Pope is having a bath, and he decides to turn the radio on. He bumps the radio by mistake, and it falls into the bathtub. The Pope is hit by the electric charge, and his heart stops. He's technically dead, but his heart is in good physical shape, so if he's resuscitated in the next four minutes, he'll be fine.

God steps into the four minute space. As the Pope starts to float out of his body, an angel appears. The Pope is surprised. It isn't what he expected it would be. For one thing, the angel is a woman. But you can't argue with God, so the Pope goes to Heaven, hand in hand with the angel.

When he gets there, he's even more surprised. The people in Heaven look eerily like the ordinary people he left behind on Earth. They're all walking around, making jokes, hugging each other, and not taking life too seriously.

"This is not right," murmurs the Pope. "The Heavens should be filled with souls devoutly begging to be let into the higher echelons of perfection. Where is Jesus? He should be here to meet me. I'm his messenger. I've been the most sacred keeper of His truth there could be. Surely he'll come to thank me."

The angel smiles. She says to him, "This is your four minute spiritual wake up call, John."

John? The Pope huffs a bit indignantly at the angel's informality.

"There's a room over there," the angel continues graciously. "Twenty souls are waiting for you. They've volunteered to teach you more about the Truth. These twenty souls will look like the ordinary people you left behind on Earth. That's because souls are always themselves, whether they're in Heaven or on Earth. It's important to understand that all twenty are perfect. That's the only way God makes them."

The angel pats the Pope on the shoulder and looks at him with a smile of deep friendship.

"John, one of those twenty souls is the soul who once lived as the man Jesus. Your task is to identify that soul. That's all you have to do. If you're right, we'll send you back to Earth and kick-start your heart. You'll remember all you've learned here, and then you can teach it to everyone who's turning to Heaven for help. If you make the wrong choice, welcome Home, my friend. It's time to stay with the angels."

The Pope is a little confused at first. He says, "So if I'm right, then you'll send me back and let me tell people what I saw, and if I'm wrong, then my human life is over?"

The angel nods.

The Pope looks around at the people moving past. They all look . . . happy. Really, really happy. That might be nice, to be happy.

He thinks about all the people he's left behind. He thinks of the pain, the loneliness, the unanswered prayers. It would be a great privilege to take the Truth back to Earth, and help relieve the suffering. Either way, though, he's going to be happy. This is a win-win situation for him. He feels tremendous pride that God has blessed him with this golden opportunity to prove once and for all that he's been right. The more he thinks about it, the more certain he is that he'll know Jesus the moment he sees him. What a ridiculously easy task!

"I only have a few minutes," the Pope says, "so let's get on with it."

The angel winks. "Time has a funny way of stretching here when we need it to."

Inside the room, the Pope is shocked. He recognizes some of the people from photos and portraits in history books. Hitler is here! Hitler has no right to be in the same room as Jesus. He . . . he . . .

The Pope looks frantically at a group of smiling men and women.

Women? There's no way Jesus could have been a woman. How ludicrous. The Pope counts up the women. There are eight. He immediately crosses them off the list. He also crosses Hitler off the list. That leaves eleven men.

As he does this, one of the women stands and puts on a white head scarf with blue stripes. Uh oh! It's Mother Teresa! He didn't recognize her at first. Well, at least she's worthy to be in the same room as Jesus. He nods perfunctorily at her, then quickly scans the remaining men.

The first thing he notices is that three of them are black. A trick, maybe? The Pope is wary now. He mustn't be foolish enough to dismiss anyone on the basis of race. Jesus might be one of the black men. He sizes each one up. One of the three is Martin Luther King, Jr. The Pope feels proud he hasn't fallen into the race trap. Yes, he can concede that Martin Luther King might be Jesus. The next black man is someone he doesn't know. He looks like a salesman or an office clerk. He's wearing a simple blue suit, and holds a book in his hand. His smile is kind, like the smile of a father who loves his family. Could be . . .

Beside him sits the third black man. This man has inner city punk written all over him – baggy clothes, gang tattoos, multiple piercings. The Pope shakes his head. No way. This man can't be the Lord Jesus who died to save us all.

But at least the punk isn't as bad as the man seated next to him. He looks like a rock star from the cover of Rolling Stone – all long hair and black leather. There's a guitar on the floor next to him, and an injection needle thrown on the bench beside him.

And they let these people into Heaven, the Pope thinks in disgust.

He turns his attention to the other men. With a start of recognition, he sees Yasser Arafat. Then Albert Einstein. Good grief, this task is impossible.

A thin, elderly Asian man sits curled up in the lotus position on the bench. He seems exceedingly calm, peaceful, accepting. There are people who say that Jesus went to the East before he started his Ministry. Maybe this holy man is Jesus?

Beside him, a bigger-than-life Genghis Khan. That's laughable.

Now for the last three. The Pope is sweating a bit. But he's still confident he can recognize Jesus if he goes past the surface appearance. Obviously, there's no one in this room who fits the standard description of a simple Jewish carpenter in a homespun robe.

The last three men are standing side by side. They look him directly in the eye as his equals. The Pope nods with approval. Yes, Jesus would be standing. That makes a lot of sense. He takes a deep breath, and steadily measures them one by one.

First, a Native North American. Strong, simply attired, confident that he and the Earth are one. The Pope feels a little queasy. He'd hate to have to go back to Earth and tell people the tree huggers are right.

Next, a dark complexioned man, probably from southern India. He's wearing homespun! He holds a plate, and on the plate is a simple meal of rice, potatoes, and lentils. Yet at his feet lies a bag, and gold coins spill out of it. This man can afford to eat whatever he pleases, yet he chose a simple, humble meal. Just as the Lord Jesus would have done.

The Pope almost says, "This is Jesus," but he stops himself, and turns to the last man.

Here stands an Australian Aboriginal. He leans on a stick, wears only a loincloth, and grins as broad a smile as the Pope has ever seen. The Pope can sense the love this man feels for all Creation. He lives the way Jesus taught, with utter simplicity. This man makes the Pope feel grateful he's come to Heaven. Now he understands. He's being shown that the trappings of human life are the source of all temptation, sin, and suffering. The ascetics of the past were right. The Truth means you have to give away all wealth, all comfort, and live in the world with nothing, just as Jesus once did.

He's immensely proud he's figured out the truth. When he returns to Earth, he's going to give away all the wealth of the Church, and commit himself to the One Righteous Path. Without hesitation, he says to the angel who's accompanied him, "This man is Jesus. I've found my Lord Saviour, and I'm ready to carry on with the service you honour me with."

The angel gently chuckles. "I love you, old friend," she says. "Come on," she smiles, taking his hand again as she did when she led him to Heaven. "It's time to get you reacquainted with your friends, the angels."

"What?" The Pope is stunned. He can't believe he was wrong. "Then it must be Martin Luther King. Am I right? Do I get a second chance?"

"Don't worry," the angel reassures him. "The truth is, any one of these souls has the power, the majesty, the perfection, the love to have lived as the teacher you call Jesus. Man or woman, young or old, any race, any religion. It's okay. I can't tell you how many visitors to Heaven miss the man who really did live as Jesus. Not that you'd recognize him if he were living on Earth today. He doesn't exactly come across as a holy man. But that's the fun of it!"

The Pope is confused, but a wonderful thing is happening to him. His memory – his true memory of Love – is returning. He blinks, and looks at the twenty people in the room. One of them stands up, grins mischievously, and hugs him.

"You!" says the Pope.

Back on Earth, the Pope's assistant is getting worried. The Pontiff should have been out of the bathtub by now. He isn't responding to polite inquiries. The assistant calls for a physician, and without waiting for his arrival, steps apologetically into the room.

It's too late. The Pope has been called Home. The assistant weeps to see the radio that has fallen into the water. How could such a thing have happened?

He can't believe it. His grief overtakes him, and without thinking, he pulls the radio out of the water without unplugging it.

Suddenly, his brain registers the danger in this. He drops the radio. It's useless anyway.

The physician rushes in just then, and they're so busy attending to the Pope's lifeless form that neither notices the radio. It shouldn't be working, but it is.

Rock music.

From above, the Pope laughs as he finally gets the joke.

Shocked and appalled. That's what many of you are feeling -- shocked and appalled at my presumption in saying Jesus is a drug user.

Go back and read The Four Minute Space again if that was your initial reaction. I did not say Jesus is a drug user. I said there's an injection needle on the bench behind me. Did you make the assumption the needle is a "bad" needle, something to be used in a negative way? Or did you stop and ask yourself if there's another way to see the needle? A positive way to see the needle? A sudden recognition that nurses and doctors (and other health care professionals) use needles all the time in their healing work? Did you take the time to remember that Jesus the man was a healer in his time -- a man who others trusted to provide compassionate care to physically ill and mentally ill women, men, and children? A man who understood mental illness for what it was, and didn't degrade those suffering from schizophrenia and depression with talk of demons? A man who rejected conventional medical treatments of the time, and instead asked God for advice on how to treat patients because he so trusted his angelic guidance? A man who understood that good science and strong faith are one and the same thing? A man who didn't waste his time trying to balance the four elements and the four humours, or casting astrological charts, or visiting oracles, or making sacrifices at the Temple, but who instead got his butt in gear and asked God for direct guidance on how to make practical medicines out of everyday plants and mineral substances? Now we're talkin' miracles.

Music is one of the best medicines around as long as the music is joyful, upbeat, and emotionally positive. So I sang while I healed. Hey -- you use what God gives you, and I had a strong, clear, tenor voice. So I used it. I made up songs as I went along. Improv. I made jokes (positive, innocent jokes, not cutting jokes), and got people laughing. More improv. I spontaneously hugged people. Improv yet again.

And I knew how to keep my dick in my pants. People trusted me because they could feel at a deep emotional level that I had no sexual interest in anyone but my wife.

Monogamous to the core, that was me.

She's the reason my hair is long. She likes it that way, and I love to make her happy. Nothing wrong with that, as long as it's okay with me, too. And it is.

Strong marriages are built on mutual respect, unfailing sexual fidelity, clear and open communication, a desire to make your partner feel cherished and appreciated, and a deep, heartfelt instinct that binds you so close together that sometimes you know what your partner is feeling even before he or she knows. It's about being there for each other at all levels -- emotional, spiritual, sexual, and intellectual -- to the best of your ability. It's about trust. And having the courage to choose what's right not only for you but for your partner. It's about feeling grateful for the love and respect you find in your partner's heart, even though she or he can't do everything. It's about devotion.

Such is the relationship shared by God the Mother and God the Father with each other. Such is the relationship I share with my eternal soulmate. Such is the relationship you share with your special someone.

True love transcends everything. Everything. Until true love was found by God the Mother and God the Father, there was no universe as we currently perceive it. There was nothing but semi-raw consciousness, semi-formed beings who, long before the Big Bang took place (13 to 14 billion years ago), existed in a state of pure survival -- very much a Darwinian state of survival of the fittest. It wasn't pretty. There was pain. And power. And a very weird kind of hierarchy in the energy. Not to mention a kind of fear that's impossible for 4-D angels to understand. And absolutely nothing resembling love. Or courage. Or trust. Long before the Big Bang, there really was no universe, no Creation held together by the pure thoughts and pure hearts of God the Mother and God the Father and the almost countless number of beautiful angels who now fill the Choir of Angels.

So what changed? What brought order and harmony to the chaos that came before the Big Bang? True love. Laugh all you want, but when you stop laughing, think about this carefully. There's just no other explanation. There's no other explanation for all the energy that magically appeared over 13 billion years ago, no other explanation except for the possibility that somehow two very different beings got together and decided to pool their resources, to share their energy selflessly with each other, to stop using pain and power and hierarchy to "survive", and to forge a relationship with each other founded on, well, trust, courage, gratitude and devotion -- which all adds up to the feeling of love. The universe is founded on courageous choices made by two ancient beings who, though not originally perfect on their own, found perfection and completion in each other's hearts.

There was one other crucial emotional commitment each made when divine love blossomed -- God the Mother and God the Father had to find the courage to forgive themselves. Not each other (which was easier) but themselves. Before the miracle of true love, each had caused harm on purpose. Each had chosen to add to the pain of the chaos they existed in. Each could remember that pain. So each had to find the courage within to know forgiveness of the self. Each had to find a way to live compassionately with the memory of the pain without ever repeating the choices that led to that pain. This is what forgiveness feels like.

When two people come together in true love, miracles happen. So I guess you could say the very first miracle was the sudden realization on the part of two ancient beings that if they chose to forgive themselves and each other for the harm they once tried to cause, if they chose to honour each other's strengths with respect and gratitude, and if they tried with all their might to make each other happy (instead of miserable), neither would ever know fear or loneliness again. Together, they found joy. Innocence. Healing. Hope. Humbleness. Bliss. And a profound need to give life to new souls, angels created with innocent and humble love by a Mother and Father whose love is eternally humble and innocent. (That would be you!)

You're here as a soul-in-human-form to try to get an emotional understanding of that very first miracle -- the transformation from pain to pure love. But there's such a thing as too much pain as a human being. If you're tired of the pain, and you want to make the world you currently live in more loving, then follow the example of God the Father and God the Mother, and make new choices. Make the choice to always choose Trust, Courage, Gratitude, and Devotion instead of pain, power, and loneliness. Live in the Christ Zone. Be the angel you really are -- that you've always been. Be your best self. We, the angels, believe in the amazing being you really are.

Jen and I are signing off. We have another project to work on for the time being. Good luck, and remember to keep the glass half full.

Love always,

Jen and Jesus

April 27, 2005

P.S. Please feel free to share our posts without fear that we'll come back and sue you for copyright violation. The God Team really isn't into the whole idea that one person can own the rights to the Truth. As long as you're honest and tell people where you got this information, we'll be happy. The best thing to do is to reference this thread on the website. Thanks.

Love Jen and Jesus

April 27, 2005

• 3 months later...

Hi Friends,

It’s been a while since Jesus and I have posted. This morning, we wrote a long letter to a channelling student who’s having difficulty getting rid of her old feelings of victimhood. Like me, this student works in a close channelling partnership with her guardian angel, whom she can “see” and “hear” with a high degree of accuracy. For the purposes of this posting I’ve changed the names of the student (we’ll call her Susan) and her angel (we’ll call him John) to protect their privacy. Other than that, the letter is pretty self explanatory, and may perhaps add to your own understanding of your relationship with God.

God be with you,

Jen and Jesus

Thank you for the letter you sent yesterday afternoon, Susan. That was an honest, heartfelt apology, and we accept.

Tom and I have been talking about the “physics” of the 3-D ego circuit, and how it relates to your ongoing problem of “one step forward, three steps back”. As we try to explain this, please try to put it in the scientific context it belongs in. Thoughts are energy. Emotions are energy. It’s quantifiable energy like electrical energy or thermal energy (as from fire). One of the interesting laws of the 3-D dimension you and I currently live in is that energy can’t be destroyed, but it can change form. For instance, you can take thermal energy (fire), use it to boil water (still thermal energy), then use the steam to drive turbines, which convert the energy into electricity. You can’t make electricity out of thin air. You must take another, easier-to-get kind of energy and force it to change into a different kind of energy. It doesn’t happen spontaneously. Some choice or action must be applied to the energy to make it change forms, or it will stay exactly as it is. This is the scientific principle of inertia, the tendency of bodies in motion to keep moving in the same direction unless a force is applied to them. If you went into deepest, darkest space, somewhere between widely spread stars, and decided to throw a baseball as hard as you could, the baseball would keep going for thousands of years in whatever direction you threw it. There would be nothing to deflect it, to alter its natural inertia. If it got near a large planetary body or a sun, then gravity would kick in, and the ball would change course, because gravity is a force. Gravity applies energy to the ball. Gravity pulls the ball. Therefore, the ball will change course.

Your ego circuit is like that baseball. A long time ago in your life as a dysfunctional human, you decided to throw that baseball as hard as you could. The energy you used to throw that ego-circuit-baseball was your will power. Your will power can be defined as the sum total of all your emotional choices. Since emotions carry energy, that energy can be used to power other things. In this case, the energy of your emotional choices is what your biological brain uses to power neurophysiological changes – i.e. what neurotransmitters you use and what neurons they communicate with.

Your emotional energy choices are an energy source, no different than an electrical current or an open flame. You must remember this at all times. When you choose harmful thoughts and hurtful emotions, you are applying raw energy to certain parts of your brain. Your brain uses that energy to preserve the “trajectory” of the ego-circuit-baseball. Your brain uses this energy to counteract the energy that John applies to your brain in the form of forgiveness and love. John is using his divine love energy in the way that a star uses gravity – he is trying to gently pull you towards him. He is using his divine love energy to try to knock the baseball off its destructive course, and pull you back into the orbit of your soul’s true nature.

The only way his healing program can be slowed down, even temporarily arrested, is for you to apply more energy to your ego-circuit-baseball than he is. If you “try hard” to resist the force created by his energy, if you try hard to resist his divine love, you are applying an actual, quantifiable, real energy. Your resistance is energy. It has real power. It creates real consequences. It’s not ever good enough for you to say to yourself, “Oh, it was just a thought, and thoughts don’t matter, because thoughts don’t have real energy. They’re just for show.” Au contraire. Thoughts are more powerful than any other energy in the universe.

Here’s another problem: Energy is energy, and it always follows certain common sense rules. Let’s take the example of candles. Take a room that has three candles burning in it. Now take another room the same size with a hundred candles burning in it. Which room will be brighter? Which room will heat up faster? Obviously, the more candles, the more energy is being pumped into the room in the form of visible light energy (EMF) and thermal energy. Now, if you were suddenly assigned the task of snuffing out the candles in just one of the two rooms, and you knew you were going to be awarded a prized based on how quickly you performed this task, which room would you pick? Obviously, you’d choose to snuff out the three candles, because it takes much less energy and much less time to snuff out three candles than a hundred candles.

When you, as a soul, have a big aura – and we know that you do – your room has a hundred candles in it, compared to some souls, who have the equivalent of three candles. To get back to being your best soul self, you have to apply enough energy from your own brain to relight all one hundred candles.

Let us repeat – you have to apply enough energy from your own brain.

In other words, you have to be especially diligent, and especially careful to make sure all your thoughts and all your emotions are directed towards the goal of relighting your one hundred candles. You have to work harder to get your brain back to normal compared to some people, because you have more candles to light. Those who have more candles will always be faced with this reality as human beings. The plus side, of course, is that once you get all those candles lit, you can be a powerhouse of love in the world.

Every time you choose victimhood, you are applying sufficient energy to either dim some of your candles, or possibly extinguish some. (That’s where we get the phrase, “one step forward, three steps back”.) John is trying as hard as he can to use his considerable divine energy to help you light those candles, but baby, the truth is, he can’t do it by himself. He needs you to apply your own natural will power to this scientific task.

In order for John to properly heal your brain, he needs you to contribute the right kind of raw energy. He needs you to contribute an intense desire to want to be your best self at all times. He needs you to be making a big pool of positive energy available to him, which he in turn can use to rewire your brain. Honey, he may be a wonderful mentor and a perfect angel, but no angel anywhere in the universe can create something out of nothing. He doesn’t use magic to rewire your brain. He uses energy. It’s simple physics. He simply doesn’t have enough energy yet to fully rewire your brain, because you keep draining the energy pool with your destructive victim choices!

Here’s how it works: Each of your genuine soul thoughts generates quantifiable energy that John can use, if he so chooses, to help rewire your brain. Each ego-circuit-baseball thought also generates energy, but it’s energy that interferes with the good kind of energy. Ego-circuit energy sets up what’s called an interference pattern by physicists. Interference patterns quench wave patterns, literally suppress the natural wavelengths of flowing energy, and force the energy to stop doing whatever it was doing. To get the good energy going again, more energy must be supplied by somebody. So that means either John has to push even harder, or you have to push even harder.

Guess which is the correct choice?

We already know John is working as hard as he possibly can, and nobody can ask him to give more than his absolute everything (which, we repeat, he’s already givng.)

That means it’s up to you, hon. It’s up to you to try harder.

You have to try harder, and in that way help John. You have to try harder to give John the raw material he needs in order to help you. You have to try harder to fill up your biological brain with loving choices. The more loving choices you generate, the faster your candles will be relit, and the faster John will be able to heal you. Of course, you have to make real loving choices, not pseudo-loving ones, like the pretence you made about calling to cheer us up with the good news about Jack’s getting a job – that wasn’t a genuine loving choice. That was your ego circuit trying to keep going in the same old direction of not-love and not-trust that it’s so used to (again, the principle of inertia).

Getting back to the analogy of the baseball, the baseball, as we've mentioned, has inertia. In other words, unless you apply a considerable force to it in deepest, darkest space, it will keep going in exactly the same direction it’s been going. Your brain circuits operate on exactly the same principle. They all use inertia as an energy-saving device. They’re designed that way – it’s more efficient. Once the brain is “sure” the circuit is “going in the right direction”, it ignores that circuit and assumes it will continue to go in the direction it’s “supposed” to go. Your brain won’t go back and look at the wiring of that circuit until your brain is convinced it’s made a mistake.

And as you know, certain parts of your brain don’t like to admit to mistakes.

Nonetheless, no matter how “stubborn” your anterior cingulate gyrus is, you have the power to override it. You have the will power that God gives every soul. You have the strength, the courage, and the inner love to override the stubbornness, the sulkiness, and the lack of trust that are the energy hallmark of the ego circuit.

You simply make yourself do it. When you hear one part of your brain get sulky and stubborn, you instantly get ruthless with that part of your brain. You cut off the thought, or even the partial thought. You forgive yourself instantly for having had the thought, because you trust that your true soul self wouldn’t have thought such an unloving thought. You also instantly apologize to John for the unloving thought – no excuses. None whatsoever. I have found, in my own experience, that if I allowed even a hint of an excuse into my apology, for instance, “I’m sorry I said that, but I’m just so tired” or “I wouldn’t have said that if I weren’t so stressed out about the money” the apology doesn’t “work” at an energy level. If the thoughts and words are unloving, there is not an excuse in the universe that will work. Not one. Ever. Got that? No excuses ever. No “but I had a good reason for my unloving thought’. No pseudo-explanations to yourself or to John. Ever. Just an honest, forthright, courageous apology: “I’m sorry, John. I apologize. Will you forgive me?” This is all you should ever be saying to a member of the God Team.

You have to be constantly on the watch for the unloving thoughts of your ingrained ego circuit. The instant you hear them pop into your head, you must take action. You can’t wait for John to tell you it’s okay or it’s not okay. You must decide. You are in charge. To tap into the good energy, it must be YOUR CHOICE, NOT JOHN’S, for you to ruthlessly cut off those thoughts and REPLACE the unloving, interference-causing energy with the good energy.

If you spend hours talking to John about what you should do, and journaling with John about what you should do, you’ve given your brain hours worth of crap energy that John then has to deal with. There’s only one valid choice, and you shouldn’t need anybody else to coax you into doing the right thing. Just do it -- apologize fast, apologize “clean” (i.e. no excuses). The ball’s in your court. (Couldn’t resist the pun.)

You forgive yourself FIRST. You apologize to John FIRST. Then, if you’re sure you’re in control of your emotions and are not still feeling sorry for yourself, you can discuss the issue with John in an objective, more formal way – like a dedicated student talking to a teacher and trying to learn more about what was happening in your brain.

We hope we’ve explained this complicated subject clearly. If we can expand on any points, please let us know. We’d be more than happy to elaborate. Elaboration is our specialty.

From your tough love friends who love you and believe in your true soul self.

Love Jen and Tom

Edited by canajan, eh?

• 2 weeks later...

Jesus here.

Today I begin a teaching session on the matter of Paul, author of more books in the New Testament than anyone else.

If you’re a diehard fan of Pauline Christianity, I can tell you right now you ain’t gonna like what I have to say.

Recently, I asked Jen to pick up and scan the new book by John Dominic Crossan and Jonathan Reed called In Search of Paul. On page xi of the Preface, Mr. Crossan and Mr. Reed have this to say:

“The Roman Empire was based on the common principle of peace through victory or, more fully, on a faith in the sequence of piety, war, victory, and peace. . . [Paul] opposed the mantras of Roman normalcy with a vision of peace through justice or, more fully, with a faith in the sequence of covenant, nonviolence, justice, and peace.”

These sequences are beautifully articulated, and I have no disagreement with the authors’ assessment of the Roman peace sequence or the Pauline peace sequence. There are millions of people in the world today who cling to the “piety, war, victory, peace” model, just as there are millions of people trying to make the “covenant, nonviolence, justice, peace” method work. If you like one (or both) of these models, go for it. You’ve gotta do what you’ve gotta do. But if you want to know what I said as Jesus, and you actually care what God has to say on the matter, here’s the lowdown.

Burnished to its very essence, here is what I learned from the angels when I lived as Jesus, and here is what I tried to teach when I lived as Jesus. I taught peace through personal responsibility. The peace sequence goes like this: education, mentorship, personal responsibility, then peace.

Note that my peace sequence doesn’t begin with the word “piety” or the word “covenant”. It begins with the word “education”.

To me and to the angels watching over you, it shouldn’t be necessary for you to start your spiritual journey by declaring your piety or by claiming your stake in the so-called “covenant”. It should be obvious to everyone by now that all souls are equally worthy of God’s love, that all souls are born of God and will return to God, and that nobody gets a special deal from God. God has no Chosen People. God just has People, and People come in all sizes, shapes, and colours that are considered equally beautiful by God. There’s no need for you to join a “special group”, or carry out a “special ritual”, or say a “special prayer” to get God’s attention. You get God’s attention whether you like it or not, and the only thing God ever expects you to do is to ask for help in being the best person you’re capable of being.

Your willingness to take personal responsibility for your choices is another way of saying you’re being the best person you’re capable of being.

Your willingness to take personal responsibility for your choices is another way of saying you love God and believe in God. This is the only meaningful expression of faith as far as I and the rest of the God Team are concerned. If you really want to know what it feels like to live a life of faith, the way I did as Jesus, you will first have to learn to take responsibility for your own thoughts and your own actions. I did it. That means you can do it.

I did not, contrary to rumour in the New Testament, grow up a sequestered young Messiah. Like you, I lived through a whole lot of painful mistakes before I learned to admit I was wrong. Like you, I hurt other people. But unlike most of you, I forced myself to learn how to do the whole forgiveness thing. I refused to quit on myself. I refused to take no for an answer on the question of learning how to forgive myself. And in proving to myself that I could forgive myself the way God forgives me, I found my faith. In not giving up on myself, I shared my faith with God. In believing in my potential to love and forgive the way God loves and forgives, I made God happy.

It does not make God happy when you try to pass the buck to me and God the way Paul teaches you to do.

Paul teaches you to surrender. I teach you to take personal responsibility for your choices. After you take personal responsibility for a long enough period of time, you’ll wake up one day and discover you’re in a surrendered state. The surrendered state finds you – you can’t force your way into it with blind rituals or prayer. It finds you when you find your best angelic self.

Paul teaches you justification by faith – he says good works won’t suffice. I teach you to take personal responsibility for your choices. That means at some point you’ll have to get off your duff and do something meaningful to help others. All talk and no action makes Jack a very lazy and narcissistic boy.

Paul teaches that you must strive to learn about faith, hope, and, greatest of all, love. I teach you to take personal responsibility for your choices. It does wonders for your brain chemistry. Once you have the courage to be your best self, you’ll wake up one day and discover you finally know what those three little words – faith, hope, and love – mean. First you have to make the commitment to yourself and God to be the best person you’re capable of being. Eventually faith, hope, and love find you.

Paul teaches you not to ask too many hard questions about God and Christ, because if you do, you’re not trusting in the vision of Christ that Paul insists is the only correct vision, and he also teaches that you’d better not try to talk directly to God (channel) unless you follow Paul’s rules. I teach you to take personal responsibility for your choices. It does wonders for your brain chemistry. If you’re lucky, your temporal lobes will come fully on-line in your brain, and you’ll be able to connect strongly to your own powerfully intuitive heart. One day you’ll wake up, and you’ll discover you can hear the whisper of your own guardian angel deep within you, Paul’s rules notwithstanding.

Paul teaches you that God gave him a thorn in the flesh, a messenger of Satan, to keep him from being too elated. I teach you that I, Jesus, was the thorn in Paul’s flesh. I and my message of radical equality before God were a constant torment to Paul, who had such a commitment to the God of the Covenant that he begged God to show him how to undermine my teachings. And though God didn’t show him how to do it, Paul was a clever man, and he figured out how to do it all by himself.

But the God Team is pretty smart. And they set about to help the people who wanted to preserve my actual teachings. Miraculously, a very short letter managed to survive all the cuts, additions, and edits that have been made over the centuries to the New Testament. This very short letter has drawn little notice, and thank heavens for that. Like the gospels (which somehow still manage to convey the truth in bits and pieces), this letter has been edited and added to. But the letter is so short, it’s easy for me to point out the changes that were added to the piece I wrote myself as Jesus. And no, it’s not the Gospel of Thomas.

The letter got saved under the name of my brother James. Yep. About half of the Letter of James is actually the Letter of Jesus.

Which parts did I wrote with my own hand? (Jen is using The New Oxford Annotated Bible: New Revised Standard Version with the Apocrypha at my specific request.)

I wrote James 1: 2 - 27.

I wrote James 2: 1 - 8.

I wrote James 3: 1 - 18.

The second half of Chapter 2 isn’t mine – it’s a rant. (It should also go without saying that the flowery phrase “our glorious Lord Jesus Christ” at the beginning of Chapter 2 isn’t mine, either. I was talking about God.) Chapters 4 and 5 are also rants. There’s no divine love in them. I may have talked a tough line (as I still do), but I always balanced my toughness with compassion. It’s an easy way for you to spot the “real” words of Jesus – they’re tough but fair.

Compare what I wrote in James with what I’ve been writing on this thread. Listen with your heart. It’s the same message, folks. But please don’t try to micro-analyse every word and phrase I used 2,000 years ago. Pretty please. Please use the time instead to begin to take personal responsibility for your choices. Trust me – one day you’ll wake up, and you’ll finally understand what I meant in James 1:18 without having to spend a thousand hours with a Strong’s Concordance on your lap.

I love you. And so does God, whether you like it or not.

Peace.

Love Jesus

August 27, 2005

Jesus here.

Yo. Paul. Saint and Apostle. I was looking for the billionth time at your Epistles, and, as usual, your point of view gets all the press time. These days, it’s considered only fair to interview someone who’s on the other side in a debate. So forthwith I give a short rebuttal to the brief opening statement you make in Colossians Chapter 2. To refresh your memory, this is what you said to the people of Colossae:

“For I want you to know how much I am struggling for you, and for those in Laodicea, and for all who have not seen me face to face.”

Before I speak my mind, you’d better step back a pace or two. I’ve been waiting a long time to say what I have to say, and I don’t want to accidentally spit in your eye.

Paul, big fella, you talk a good line there, and I’m sure folks want to believe that you honestly care about their suffering, but Paul, I’ve been doing my psychology homework, and I think you’re a big, fat liar. You want that I should believe your empathy is real? You want that I should believe your Paul Bunyan story about the miracle intervention God gave you on the road to Damascus, where you got an extreme brain makeover? You want that I should believe God transformed you almost overnight from a cold, judgmental, cruel tormenter into an empathic apostle? You want that I should believe you’re the first and last person in history who didn’t have to make the effort to be his/her best self before God’s healing angels stepped in to boost your body’s oxytocin levels? You want that I should believe God’s healing angels broke all the rules of quantum physics just for you? ######, if I’d known it could be that easy, I wouldn’t have wasted all those years learning how to be a Christ-in-human-form.

Ya know, Paul, I just don’t buy your miracle-vision-on-the-road story. I’m willing to accept your word that something happened to you on the road to Damascus, but based on all the facts, I suspect you had a Machiavellian epiphany, not a divine epiphany. Maybe that’s where you hatched the beginnings of a plan to remove the thorn from your side.

Between you and me, Paul, I can think of a few less-than-scrupulous corporations and government bodies who’d love to have a guy like you on staff. You don’t know the meaning of “ethical business practices”. You have enviable drive and ambition, and, to your credit, you have truly outstanding communication skills. Hardly anyone seems to notice you’re not trying to sell a religious vision to them. They think you’re talking to them about God. But you and I both know you’ve crafted one of the most remarkable branding campaigns in history. You’ve pasted the very face of Christ on the product you’re actually trying to sell.

Paul, Paul, Paul. You can lie all you want to other people, but you can’t lie to an angel. Kick, yell, and scream all you want. I see no evidence from either your words or your actions that you believe in a beautiful God, a loving God, a forgiving God. I see in your behaviour a man who hates the idea of a beautiful, loving, forgiving God. Such a God is just too hard to control if one is a control freak. And I’m sorry to be harsh, Paul, but you’re a control freak.

I love you anyway, man, and I forgive you. But sheesh.

Love Jesus

August 30, 2005