First Time Here.

zzmel

Hi:

This is the first time here. I have joined Bishop Shelby Spong at an earlier date. There is a wealth of interesting information but only read a few. I live in Burien, WA and really like it here. Moved from Las Vegas, NV. What a change! I have more to say but I will write it in another post which will be more suited for what I will write. Meanwhile, I have lots to learn about a new type of Christianity other than I was used to as conventional.

• Upvote 1

As I said in your other post zzmel, welcome to the forum.

Incidentally, what a difference a letter can make in our communications. There is a place not far from me called Jurien WA (i.e. Jurien, Western Australia)! Maybe that's where a lot of our religious beliefs get confused - If I believed the Saviour came from Jurien WA but you mistranslated me to by saying Burien WA, generations in the future could be mistaken that the Son of God was born in America and not Australia. Of course, the various authors of the books that make up the library of the bible would never have made such mistakes. :D

• 2 weeks later...

zzmel greetings, Welcome and please contribute as it seems you are a voice for a progressive Chistianity. I am going to move to Vegas in two years from Reno, Nevada. You are free to point out the negatives there so I will know what I am getting into.

Welcome Dantottle,

You've inadvertently introduced yourself on zzmel's thread instead of perhaps creating your own, but welcome all the same.

I hope you enjoy what you find here and I look forward to discussion with you. I'm sure you would have some interesting experiences and takes on life after your time in Haiiti.

Cheers

Paul

I grew up as a very devout liberal Roman Catholic in New England. After spending the first half of my life pursuing my dream of becoming a priest however, I came to the conclusion that the higher one progresses in that hierarchy, the more dishonest and hypocritical one must be ( with very few exceptions ) .
The last half of my life I have spent in the United Methodist ministry, and since 1996 in the creation and promotion of my insightful and inspirational web sites, beginning with http://LiberalslikeChrist.Org , which offers mainly religious insights, followed by http://CatholicArrogance.Org, which shows just how wrong the R.C. church is, and http://Great-Liberal-Insights.org, which offers largely secular insights relating to the American political scene.