What I Learned From An Aged Cat

minsocal

I have a cat, now 18 years old. Several months ago, he seemed to have given up on life. I considered putting him down, he was that "bad off". Then, I thought, just make him comfortable. Ease his way. So I cleaned his head twice a day, combed him out ... and then I realized he was "down" because he could not do this for himself. It did not matter if I did it for him, he just needed to be clean.

Well, he is still here. Cranky, as always. As healthy as an 18 year old cat could be.

• Upvote 1

• 2 weeks later...

I have a cat, now 18 years old. Several months ago, he seemed to have given up on life. I considered putting him down, he was that "bad off". Then, I thought, just make him comfortable. Ease his way. So I cleaned his head twice a day, combed him out ... and then I realized he was "down" because he could not do this for himself. It did not matter if I did it for him, he just needed to be clean.

Well, he is still here. Cranky, as always. As healthy as an 18 year old cat could be.

John 13:5

"...he poured water into a basin and began to wash his disciples’ feet, drying them with the towel that was wrapped around him."

John 13:15

"I have set you an example that you should do as I have done for you."

• Upvote 1

• 2 weeks later...