New Here

KayB

Hello, I'm Kay, new to this website/forum.

I'm stuck here in Texas (the home of NOTHING progressive except fracking and open-carry gun laws) :blink: although I do go to decent Methodist Church here in Fort Worth.

I'm pretty confident in what God ISN'T - just trying to figure out what he/she/it IS.

Namaste

:)

• Upvote 1

Welcome Kay,

Perhaps you will find God is the totality of what IS after you have eliminated the false or what God is not. :)

Personally i think definitions get in the way of experiences. To me, God is an ever-present reality so subtle that the minute you try to get some definitive fix or put it in words you miss the reality of the experience. Enjoy the journey and welcome to the forum.

Joseph

Welcome Kay,

When you have God figured out can you let me know please? :) I'm still wondering about that one too! As Joseph mentioned, the process of elimination may help with narrowing the choices.

Welcome to the forum and I hope you enjoy participating here. Very open-minded and some excellent discussion here - and to date, not a single firearm-related injury death or fracking incident!

Cheers

Paul

• Upvote 1

Hi Kay. I personally go with what Joseph said but also see God as the unity of all things and the creator of existence. However, I am sure that view is flawed but like Joseph also said definitions get in the way of experiences.

Welcome Kay.

I'm pretty confident in what God ISN'T - just trying to figure out what he/she/it IS.

Namaste

:)

I can agree with this.

Just about every god I have managed to envisage it ain't

Edited by romansh