Going From The Right To The Left

Hi everyone,

It's great to be here! I am 31 y/o woman and live in the Southern USA. I grew up mainly Southern Baptist and that's where my mindset has been for years. Since my divorce a few years ago, I have been living with my parents in the community where I grew up. I am realizing how little my beliefs line up with those around me. I am searching for a place to believe in God without the highly conservative fundamentalism. I am hoping to find a church in my community where I can worship. This progressive Christianity idea is totally new to me and I am very excited about it.

SouthernWonder

• Upvote 1

Welcome SouthernWonder,

Indeed, to move away from the shackles of conservative fundamentalism can be very exciting!

I hope you enjoy participating here and find lots of useful information.

Cheers

Paul

Hi SouthernWonder

Welcome!

I hope you find a church you feel comfortable with, and enjoy hanging out here too. I know it can be lonely in the midst of others with different mindsets.

Annie

Annie, you're right - It can definitely get lonely. I recently watched a very fundamentalist film with a friend in the movie theatre. It was completely appalling to me. We walked out of the theatre and she said, "That movie was awesome!" Everyone I know that has seen it has said so.

I am going to try out the local Episcopalian church, perhaps this weekend.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...