Hello

Okie

Hi All,

New to this discussion. I am a 64 year old man living in Northern California. Born in Oklahoma and transplanted myself in the 70s. We were not particularly religious growing up in OK but did attend Presbyterian churches fairly regularly. Father was a closet liberal which created enormous tension that he shared generously. Have always felt like a fish out of water at church. Nowadays I tell myself that I've made my "Peace with God" and that usually keeps me fairly sane. From time to time, though, the doubts creep in and I find myself wondering if "they" are right. I hope to meet a number of you and find out how others may deal with similar worries. Thank you for allowing me to share.

Cheers

• Upvote 1

Hi Okie and welcome to the community. I moved your post into your own introduction thread rather than the one you posted in so that others might also welcome you that welcomed Amy.

Your story is not unfamiliar to many here and i hope you will feel more at home here than you have at some churches.I look forward to your continued sharing in discussions as i see you are already doing.

Joseph

Hi Okie,

Like Joseph says too, I hope you feel welcome here and enjoy participating in the discussions.

Those doubts can be nagging but I found sharing, researching & learning has helped to put any such doubts to bed.

Cheers

Paul

Paul John to be precise! - Both biblical names! I have never thought to ask my parents if I was named from the bible, but with a younger sister named Shelley Gaye, I'm guessing if they did they had a change of heart with her two years later!

It can be a bit overwhelming at the start, Okie, there is so much information and dialogue on here. I would simply suggest the front page, http://tcpc.ipbhost.com, and drill down from there into the various sections and post topics.

I hope you enjoy.