Hello From A Liberal

Element

Hello all,

I'm new to the site and am glad to be here. I've been a very open minded liberal for my entire life and have been raised this way. I consider myself a learner and also a Universalist. I read and watched John Shelby Spong and Carlton Pearson material and find that there is no better approach than just to understand, accept and love one another. I truly believe, and this may sound trite, that peace never hurt anyone, but fear / close-mindedness has always hurt people and peace. I feel that there is a lot of information on these types of places that we can all learn from and I look forward to partaking in helpful and meaningful conversations here with intellectual and open minded people!

• Upvote 1

Welcome Element,

Sounds like you will be right in your "element" here. :) Many like-minded as yourself have come to this site for dialog after being exposed to Bishop Spong.. Look forward to your contributions and participation.

Joseph

• 3 weeks later...

I'm new here too, Element. And I agree completely with your opening statement. We need to get away from "the tribal minded religion" (As Spong puts it) that has done a whole lot of harm over the years. One of my deepest desires is that Christians can be viewed as the loving helpers, not judgmental persecutors. Which I'm afraid is what many people think of when they hear the word "Christian".

Amy

• 3 weeks later...