I'm Back!

Migdalin

I joined the forum about three years ago, when I was doing research for my book. I got the friendly help and insight I'd been hoping for, and then I promptly became the prodigal son. But now I have returned!

I remain an agnostic, though I'm leaning toward calling myself a deist these days. My approach to the OT has also changed, though my general conclusion remains the same: that the OT needs to be demoted, and that Christianity needs to be based solely on the NT.

My new approach to the OT is, for the most part, to avoid the argument over whether the OT is inherently good or bad, but to point out that the OT has been a stumbling block for people, leading them out of the faith, ever since the 140s CE, when Marcion objected to the OT and then left, with a bunch of people following him.

I work as a software engineer in the Charlotte, NC area, but otherwise maintain a fairly monastic existence.

Thanks for letting me back in.

Jim

Jim,

Glad to have you active again. I would agree that it would be an improvement if the NT should be the book for Christians. It seems to me, as with you, it is indeed a stumbling block to many. When we create a new Will and Testament we usually destroy the old one so there will not be any confusion among those concerned. Howbeit that is not the case with the OT and NT? :)

Did you finish your book and get it published? If so, what is the title?

Again , Glad you have returned and i look forward to reading your posts.

Joseph

I wound up self-publishing the book. It's available in Kindle format and paperback from Amazon. I added a link to the book in my signature. If you have a Kindle and Amazon Prime, you can read it for free via the lending library. Also, as I'm desperate for reader reviews, I have some copies of the paperback I can send to anybody who thinks they would have time to at least give the book a try.

Thanks!

Jim,

After extended delays with Christian publishers because of the content of my books, i also found self-publishing my only option some 10 years ago. Today they are more widely received thanks to the more popular writers such as Borg, Spong and others. I will take a look at your sample read on Amazon.

Joseph

PS... BTW Jim, my 2 books can be found at Amazon also >> HERE and >> HERE.

I found the novel (my second book) much more effective and better received by fundamental or traditional Christians than just using the Bible writings (the first book) itself to make my points.

Joseph