Greetings From Tennessee Bible Belt

stopman

Hi everybody!

I live in a small town in west Tennessee. I go to the Methodist church, which is pretty welcoming for the most part, but most people do have traditional beliefs - the Bible can't be wrong, faith is everything and good works mean nothing, etc. I feel left out and lonely. I am looking for fellowship, and I am looking for answers. I need answers for how to find happiness, and I want to know how to live for God and how to help bring about Truth, Justice, Liberty, and Love in the world. I guess the main thing I am looking for is friends! And finally, I like to write about my beliefs and about ideas that I think would help the world (ideas for helping to end homelessness for example), and I would like help from others here in developing these writings and ideas. Looking forward to meeting all of you!

• Upvote 1

Welcome stopman,

Glad you found us and i hope you find our community a useful resource for sorting out your theology and as a help in gaining solid footing on your individual journey. Again welcome and feel free to join or start a conversation.

Joseph

Welcome, Stopman! I, too, go to a Methodist church. Good people. And we do a lot of good in our community. But I have to cross my fingers when we say the Creed and try to be eclectic about what I hear.

My own path has somewhat similar to yours and, perhaps like you, I have found writing about it very therapuetic. If you'd like to share more of your journey and faith with us, there is a "Personal Stories and Journeys" section where you can write from the heart and put your thoughts/experiences to "internet paper" so-to-speak.

Be blessed and be a blessing.

BillM

• Upvote 1