I'm Very Happy To Be Here!

DrDon

Hello one and all. My name is Donald. I am an international opera singer currently singing at the Teatro Real in Madrid, Spain. My journey has led me here via discovering Bishop Spong on You Tube. I found a voice, a heart and a mind that I've sought for a very long time. My very best to each and everyone of you and hope that I can learn and grow from and with you.

• Upvote 1

Sorry that should read:- Welcome Donald. You got me singing to hear you have joined us. The only difference is no one would pay to hear me sing unless it was to ask me to go away. :lol:

Bless you and Welcome. Pete

:rolleyes:I must remember to switch of my predictive texting, Sorry.

Donald,

I'd like to add my welcome too.

It's very nice to learn that I have something in common with an opera singer (our appreciation of Bishop Spong, sadly I can't claim any talent for singing.) I wonder if you also perform sacred music? In my case I clung to recordings of baroque and classical sacred music when I was letting go of fundamentalism.

Annie

Thank you all for your warm welcome!

I would like to share a bit of my path with you and will avoid too many details...

I was singing in Toulouse, France in the Spring of 2010. I had been grappling with my uneasiness with the Christianity that I had always known (I am 53) and was in a fever pitch of searching when I came upon some of the aramaic studies and writings of Douglas-Klotz. I read his explanation of the Aramaic word (the language, most certainly of Yeshoa bin Yusep) Allaha. It wasn't gendered. It wasn't a being as I'd understood it. It didn't dwell somewhere, it wasn't a part of something. It was vastly larger, it was and is, in fact, EVERYTHING. That blew my socks off! Nothing from my past spiritual life could fit into this word. There is only everything. Nothing is outside. There is no outside. There is only inside. There isn't a 'there' or a 'here' in everything. There is only everything. The more I let my mind and all of my former limitations go the more I could find my place. I am a piece of everything, just like all the other pieces. I am a part of the Everything that is complete in and of itself.

I will stop there. There's so much more that 'clicked' into place after that (still is) but that was my joyful beginning, my revelation.

Please feel free to comment on this. I accept that this, as is with all things in faith, is my fashioning of that which is way bigger than I can ever conceive. But it does act as oxygen to me.

My best to you all!

Donald

Edited by DrDon
  • Upvote 1