Anyone Have A Tattoo?

jonnyb

just wandering.....

got one myself a few months ago. i spent about a year deliberating over it, but i'm glad i did it now. the tattoo is on my upper arm and is a capital letter B from this font - http://www.dafont.com/andes.font

it is the first letter of my surname but within it contains the initials of my wife and kids. i wanted to have something that had some personal significance to me. i'd like to perhaps get another one but not sure what.

so anyone else have one? any spiritually themed ones? if not what would you get?

Jonny

I have wanted a tatoo for years, but haven't ever thought of just what I would want permanently tatooed on my body. My wife has always said I should get 'Hotei', the Laughing Buddha, as I carry a few kilos and am, or used to be, quite jolly! Maybe I put too much thought into it, but I want something that means something deeply to me. I like yours Johnny, and I like how it means something to you, yet has an originality to it.

I have thought about it but have never been able to figure out what I would want on my body my whole life. But now that they have become a sign of conformity instead of a sign of rebellion I have pretty much ruled it out.

Good point. Tattoos have been around for thousands of years. The tension between conform and rebel is cyclical.

Myron

I have thought about it but have never been able to figure out what I would want on my body my whole life. But now that they have become a sign of conformity instead of a sign of rebellion I have pretty much ruled it out.

Stanley,

Have you considered body implants and/or those huge holes in your earlobes for that rebellious touch?

Or maybe a braille tatoo that allows the blind to enjoy body art also? :)

Stanley,

Have you considered body implants and/or those huge holes in your earlobes for that rebellious touch?

Or maybe a braille tatoo that allows the blind to enjoy body art also? :)

:) Too funny. No, I haven't even considered those. And now that you mention them ... I still won't.