I'm New!

KemiJ

Hello Everybody!

I'm new here and I've been researching this website for some time. I've had a different turn in my spirituality from where I was before and have been looking at Christianity from a totally new perspective from the one I was raised with. I may get a bit more in depth later of my spiritual journey, but I'm quite happy where I am presently and am looking for a church home for my family in our area. I've found a couple of interesting churches to look at, but they aren't registered with this site. The only church registered with this site that is closer to us is still an hour away. So I'm looking for some online fellowship and help in the more finer points of my renewed faith. Thanks for having me.

KemiJ

• Upvote 1

Welcome KemiJ,

As you are probably aware of by now, many here have had a turn in their spirituality and have moved away from early indoctrination/teaching.

I hope you enjoy this community and get something out of it.

Cheers

Paul

Just because a church isn't on the list doesn't mean it is not liberal and open. Ask around for churches that are more liberal; certain denominations tend towards being liberal. Episcopal, Unitarian, and Church of God tend in this direction. I wonder if asking a fundy what churches they think are going to hell might be another way.

Good luck in your search and let us know what happens.I am mainly a lurker, but thoroughly enjoy reading.

Just because a church isn't on the list doesn't mean it is not liberal and open. Ask around for churches that are more liberal; certain denominations tend towards being liberal. Episcopal, Unitarian, and Church of God tend in this direction. I wonder if asking a fundy what churches they think are going to hell might be another way.

Good luck in your search and let us know what happens.I am mainly a lurker, but thoroughly enjoy reading.

I had to bold the part I thought was funny. Yeah, that would be great. I did go to a really nice UU congregation in New England when my husband and I lived there and we loved it. Then we moved back to the DC area and the UU churches we tried were decidedly against God talk so as to not offend the secular Humanists and Athiests. It wasn't a good fit. We then found a great UCC church that we loved because they were a very progressive congregation, but we've since moved to another part of the area that prohibits us from going to this church. :( So now the search is on once again. I've found about three that my family will be checking out and they state on their websites that they are progressive in their theology. Whichever one I end up going to, I may try and see if they can register on this website so that other progressive Christians can find them easily. Thank you for the welcome!

Welcome Kemij,

Glad to hear from you and hoping you find this site is beneficial to the both of us, Thanks for sharing a bit about yourself and i also got a kick :lol: out of kaybucks statement . As she said not all churches are registered with us so good luck with your search and hoping you find another one like the UCC church you moved away from.

Again welcome,

joseph

Hi KemiJ,

Welcome to the forum. I am in the UK and attend the Quakers. Its not registered with this forum but I cannot see that they would have any conflict with people on this forum. I am sure there are other churches and organizations that are open minded too.

I hope you find one you enjoy attending. However, just remember your welcome here whether your attending a registered church or not.

Pete