A Catholic Thread

jamesAMDG

This post is intended to be a sort of informal survey. I'm curious from those that frequent this site and self-describe as "progressive Christians", what it is that makes them Catholics.

I'm prepared to present the case for orthodox Catholicism, but I'd like to see what it is that makes you Catholics.

As for me, I believe in the seven sacraments and that they are signs instituted by Christ that do in fact bestow the grace that they signal. I believe in all the dogmas as proclaimed by the Church. And well, we could go on, but I'm sure you all get the idea.

Looking forward to hearing whats up,

Victory and Triumph in the Sacred Heart of Jesus, through the intercession of the Immaculate Heart of Mary,

jamesamdg

jamesamdg.blogspot.com

James, I'm not a Catholic, liberal or otherwise, but this site has to do with liberal Catholism. I think it is more about specific issues (re: coverup of sexual abuse of children, ordination of women, and optional celibracy as well as peace and justice issues). Still some of it may be of interest.

http://www.cta-usa.org/

--des