New Member And The Next Christianity

Hugo

My name is Houston and I have been promoting and pursuing progressive Christianity since 1968 when I began a theological education with the Ecumenical Institute. I now live in Portland, OR and am clear that Christiandom is ending and we must now create the Next Christianity. The Next Christianity is a Christianity without beliefs (to use Buddhist Stephen Batchelor's phrase) and will entail ongoing small groups who sing, study, meditate, discuss and generally equip themselves and their communities to respond to the challenges of the 21st Century. Ciao, Houston

Welcome Houston,

So happy you finally were able to get registered and post.

I think there is much truth in what you say. Small groups are most effective and it does seem best to leave old religious system church dogma and doctrine to those who are not interested in progressing into the 21st century. I don't exactly understand your use of the coined phrase "a Christianity without beliefs" but would be interested in hearing exactly what that means .Perhaps a thread in Progressive Christianity area or in the debate and dialog area if you want to include all ( PC's and all others) in the discussion would be good to start.

Joseph

Welcome, Hugo. I love the small group idea. the problem for me, and i'm sure others, is finding 'like minds' in their area. I think more of us non-traditional christians need to 'come out'!

Jonny

• 2 weeks later...

My name is Houston and I have been promoting and pursuing progressive Christianity since 1968 when I began a theological education with the Ecumenical Institute. I now live in Portland, OR and am clear that Christiandom is ending and we must now create the Next Christianity. The Next Christianity is a Christianity without beliefs (to use Buddhist Stephen Batchelor's phrase) and will entail ongoing small groups who sing, study, meditate, discuss and generally equip themselves and their communities to respond to the challenges of the 21st Century. Ciao, Houston

Welcome Houston

Welcome from BC Canada

The very small amount of Stephen Batchelor I have read - i have liked.

Have fun

rom