Peace Or Drama

Peace or Drama?

by Joseph

Most of the below is not original in that the seed was planted from reading Eckhart Tolle's book "A New Earth". As I paid more attention to my mind, i found the following to be true in myself.

It seems to me that what everyone says they really wants is peace. However, in oneself i find a part that wants drama and looks for conflict. It seems to show up when a siuation or some thought triggers a reaction in ourself. It may be somebody questioning the way we do things. It may be somebody accusing us. It may be somebody failing to acknowledge us or a myriad of other things that we perceive to be diminishing our sense of self.

As one becomes more aware and conscious of whats happening in the mind before allowing a reaction, one can feel a surge of energy moving through oneself, fear perhaps being masked by anger or hostility. Perhaps one can even be aware of the mind racing to defend itself or justify blame or attack? as Tolle would say " Can you awaken at that moment of unconsciousness? Can you feel that there is something in you that is at war, something that feels threatened and wants to survive at all costs, that needs the drama to assert its identity as the victorious character within that theatrical production? Can you feel that there is something in you that would rather be right than at peace?"

If you can truly see what is happening at that moment in the mind and that it is really nothing but the ego in survival mode, an emotional pattern from the past that has been activated, you will grow in Spirit or presence as Tolle might refer to it, and the ego will lose some of its grip on you. Awareness is the power that is concelaed in the present moment and that light is enough to break the pattern of holding oneself in drama and realizing at that moment you have a choice to choose peace over drama.

If we are seeking to follow the example we read of Jesus and his advice that we have love for one another, we will find that our purpose in this world is to bring this power, this light, into the world because it is only this light of awareness, this Spirit, this presence that can undo the past in us. It is only this power, this light, this presence that can transform our state of consciousness and bring change to this world. It is only by recognizing that in us that is unconscious, that we can truly overcome by that light that state of unconsciousness. And in doing so it loses its power to rob us of the peace and joy that is our birthright and our natural state.

Will we continue to lose ourself in the conditioned habits of the thinking mind and corresponding emotions or will we sense our identity beyond such conditioning and find that connectedness with our true being, our true source of identity, God ? I believe that all those that are truly seeking discovery, truth, and love will find it and they will find it not as something that was distant or far off but rather present always but not relaized because of the obstructions veiling it. And those obstructions i believe we will find to be no more than an illusion, a mistaken identity with the thinking mind and body founded in the unconsciousness of unwatched thought patterns. I believe one will find the thinking mind is a tool to be used in this world and then it perishes. However, if we allow the thinking mind to use us in a conditioned pattern always seeking drama , it seems to me it then becomes our master, in a sense, a phantom idol in which there is no life. But if we use the thinking mind as a tool and watch it with care and awareness, i believe one will find our true identity will surface as profound peace with love for all creation.

Important Information

terms of service