Good Morning :)

Raven

On Friday the 13th, many people walk around with an air of superstition, or a bit of doom and gloom. Without getting into all the history behind Friday the 13th (I haven't been up that long) I want to wish everyone a beautiful day! It may be the "scary day" today, but the sun is shining, the flowers are open, and it's FRIDAY - 13th or not, Friday is always a good thing.

I was visiting my son in Las Vegas and my wife and I had to fly back Friday. It was a great day to end a week of lessons for my family visit. Waiting for the security check the guy behind me said it sure is Ironic that we are going to board and the airport is playing the theme song for Titanic. Then the stewardess told us to check under the seats in case of a water landing. It was Ironic because we are in the desert, flying over desert and landing in desert. It only made Alan Watts more entertaining since his book was on my lap. I read it in the 60's and now again from a different view. He is a spiritual entertainer that is Ironic.

Given my health, I consider any day "good" when i actually wake up :P and move under my own power!! As my fundy friends would say "PTL" :D

You make a great point! Every day is a new day, and a chance to use it to the best of our abilities. Every day, I try to challenge myself to do the best I can in all ways - and if/when I fail, I try to forgive myself - not my bes quality. <_<

As I suppose only us Texans might understand, after having closed the house down and turned on the AC yesterday evening, releived to take a refreshing shower to wach away the sticky sweat from the oppressive warm mugginess, I now sit snuggled into warm sweats and booties, cuddling a cup of warm tomato soup, as I listen to the drumming of rain on my home's old metal roof. As they say, "don't like Texas weather? Stick around a few minutes, it'll change!"

Having tossed around with my daughter the options of either driving this evening the three hours to the location of the funeral for a beloved uncle in the morning, getting a room for the night, or just waiting to make the drive early in the morning, we've opted to hope this nasty weather will have eased up a bit by morning, and go then. Nothing makes a funeral more dreary than miserable dreary weather...no matter how much all try to keep in the mindset of making it instead, a celebration of that person and his or her life.

Watching the passing of a previous generation, the encroachment of time upon my own generation, grasping at just where that brings me upon the wheel of life, the cycles of nature....my own parents gone decades now, and as their siblings and 1st cousins depart, their ranks growing thin among us, I become ever more acutely aware of those of my own generation now already gone before me, my own mortality confront, ever more clearly, inevitably.

Lord, if You might, break these dark clouds through the night, break forth tomorrow's dawn with sunlight....at least, over that little spot of Texas in the morning. Amen.

Archived