Cafe Gratitude - Food For The Soul :)

glintofpewter

So many possibilities - an affirmation communion? Why go to California when my dining table is so close?

CAFÉ GRATITUDE

Café Gratitude is our expression of a world of plenty. Our food and people are a celebration of our aliveness. We select the finest organic ingredients to honor the earth and ourselves, as we are one and the same. We support local farmers, sustainable agriculture, and environmentally-friendly products. Our food is prepared with love. We invite you to step inside and enjoy being someone who chooses: loving your life, adoring yourself, accepting the world, being generous and grateful every day, and experiencing being provided for. Have fun and enjoy being nourished. Welcome to Café Gratitude!

"Let food be thy medicine and medicine be thy food." – Hippocrates

Soups & Salads

I AM WARM

Hot miso soup with vegetables 7.5

I AM THRIVING

Cooked soup of the day 7.5

I AM FULFILLED

Cafe salad with mixed greens, carrots, beets, tomatoes,

cucumbers, avocado, sprouts, Brazil nut Parmesan and

teriyaki almonds 10.5

Dressings: tahini-garlic, Caesar, fig-balsamic, sesame-ginger

I AM DAZZLING

Caesar salad with romaine lettuce, avocado,

Caesar dressing, capers and Brazil nut Parmesan 8.5

I AM PURE

Seasonal market salad

Spinach salad with pears, pecans, cashew mozzarella cheese and a fig balsamic dressing. Served with a sprouted flax cracker 12.75

I AM GIVING

Ginger-tahini kale salad with sea palm, nori, cucumbers, carrots, cilantro, basil and green onions topped with sprouts and teriyaki almonds 13.75

Raw Specialties

I AM HAPPY

Live almond hummus with buckwheat and flax crackers 6

I AM ELATED

Enchilada in a live tortilla with a sprouted seed filling, topped with spicy mole, cashew sour cream and scallions. Served with spicy Mexican coleslaw 13.75

I AM NOURISHED

Live sandwich with almond pate, carrot, lettuce, tomato, avocado and spicy mustard sauce on apple curry bread 13.75

I AM TRANSPARENT

Sushi with sprouted almond-sesame seed pate, carrots, beets, kim chee, avocado and sprouts wrapped in nori. Served with wasabi and wheat-free tamari 13.75

... and more.

My gratitude meal tonight was a filet of speckled trout caught on in the surf along the beach of the Gulf of Mexico about an hour away, on a pleasant day with my kids and grandkids last fall, and a bowl of poke salet greens from my backyard and pasture...very grateful to my horse for the greens....they grow most lush and tender and delicious in her favorite 'dumping areas.' I think that qualifies them as pretty 'organic', doesn't it?

Jenell

Archived