What am I doing or thinking today

JosephM

Paul,

There are 32 executive Golf courses here in The Villages Florida. I'll be playing on 1 tomorrow morning and another on Friday and another on Sunday. Retirement is great here in the Villages. Oh It was a smile of course. Enjoy Straya.

Joseph

• 11 months later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 1 year later...

I am reading 'Sapiens - A brief history of humankind' by Yuval Noah Harari.  As its cover suggests, it is a "fun, engaging look at early human history".  The book discusses the rise to dominance by homo sapiens over the other animals belonging to the genus Homo, and the development of homo sapiens' culture through to the present day.  I am finding it hard to put down but should be finished this weekend.

• 1 month later...
Guest intuition

I just happened on this youtube video. I've never heard of Ravi Zacharias before, but that's not my question at the moment. In his speech he refers to David Berlinski's book "The Devil's Delusion; Atheism and its Scientific Pretensions”. Has anyone read this book? Just wondering what others thought of it; I'm thinking of buy it.

Guest intuition

Russell-Copleston Debate on God (1948):

I thought some of you might find it interesting. Of course, some of you may have already heard it. "Bertrand Russell and Frederick Copleston discuss the so-called argument from contingency, a kind of cosmological argument for God's existence ..... It is from a 1948 BBC Radio program, now in the public domain.

Here is a link to the transcript; http://www.biblicalcatholic.com/apologetics/p20.htm

Here is a link to the audio version; http://www.biblicalcatholic.com/RussellCoplestonDebate.mp3

Guest intuition
1 hour ago, thormas said:

Thanks, wish they had youtube back then.

I agree! And that the neanderthals had iPhones too. 😂

• 7 months later...
  • 2 months later...

Staying at home mostly except for golf.

Not eating out or using the car except for  an occasional trip to grocery store for supplies. (with a face mask of course)

Actually saving lots of money just staying home,  working sudoku puzzles, cooking and eating in every night and doing small projects in yard and around the house. even though my preference is to  be out stimulating the economy more. 😊

• 2 weeks later...
  • PaulS unpinned and pinned this topic
  • 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, dontstopbelievin' said:

I'm thinking this forum is as dead as a doornail. Am I right?

It's not attended to by thousands, but there is still life in it for those who wish to participate.  There is also a treasure trove of information and discussions in the archives.