Hi

markn902

Hi everyone I am new here and new to the idea of Progressive Christianity. I had thought (or think) that there was not a group of people who had the beliefs I do. I guess here there are people who have some of the beliefs I do.Namely that religion with it's totally absolute dogma has no place in my life. I believe in Christ and the Bible I just think there have been some very important misunderstandings in organized religion teaching it, I am hopeful to see other people who agree that asking questions and broadening understanding of their faith is a good thing. I have also seen (from here) some churches that have similar beliefs and may be going to one soon. I had given up on church but it would be nice to fellowship and I know my wife misses it. So thats a nutshell I will post more after I get a bit more comfortable and read some more posts thanks

Welcome Mark. Yea, I am not hot on dogma either. The idea of continuing to repeat something that people are not supposed to question is often in my view just a smoke screen to stop people looking further. I am sure you will fit in well here.

Hi, Mark, glad you found this place....over the few months I've been participating here, since discovering it myself, I'm coming to feel some amusement as just how many of us, myself included, sound so much like you do here, in our initial introductions upon finding it....like, wow! Absolute wonderment....can it really BE? There REALLY ARE others, I'm really NOT some aberrant freak! Lol!

Welcome, Mark! I look forward to your contributions to our discussions and community here!

Jenell

Archived