The 8 Points & Moderate Christians

BeachOfEden

I, for one would be very intersted in having Moderate Christians dialog with Progressive Christians. I would like to know where the Moderate Christians are, where their online communties are (cause I have had a hard time finding any) and i would like to know how moderates would view each of the TCPC 8 points and see if we might share many, if not nearly all social justices views. There are '2' possible ideas for this. Someone might create a forum for Moerate Christians or a Moderate+Progressive dailog forum....or TCPC could create one. What is all of you guy's views on this?

There are christian forums

http://www.christianforums.com that is if you can stand the vomitus interface. About 10 different little icons on each person, 'blessings' and so on. Yuck. However, There are so many one of them MUST be moderate. Belief.net might have something. There are lots of different discussions. You might also look at some more moderate demonational websites. OTOH, I think from my experience with UCC (which is quite a liberal/progressive demonation) board that a few fundies might take them over. It's worth trying. I thought the one for the Congregational church was pretty decent (not sure if it is quite moderate enough, but it isn't as liberal as this is).

--des

I have searched all over the web with the key words "Moderate Christinity." And nothing comes up. I know there must be a collection of Moderate Christians..somewhere..but WHERE are they? I have created a short term dialog group for "Moderate Christians" on Beliefnet and so i will see what happens and what i learn.

See my other post. But I think moderates tend not to be active seekers. I don't mean this as an offence. Just that many people are brought up moderate. I think that as they grow up a few things happen to active seekers: they move away from any organized religion; the go to something else (non-Christian like Buddhism or New Age); they become liberal/ progressive; the become conservative/ fundamentalist. And I htink that it is the active seekers who want to discuss spirtiuality/ religion.

What's your link to your forum on beliefnet?

You might look up traditional Christian or nondemonational or...

Hey, take a look at beliefnet under Traditional Christianity. Current discussions are inerrancy (no), TC (tradional church) vs Fundamentalistm, Trinity (God our father discussion).

Nice people-- they don't allow debate in the usual sense, but there is discussion that is polite.

--des

Edited by des