New To Boards (Nice Place)

I've been looking for a place where I'm not considered to be an outright heathen or heretic for my beliefs. Is this it? Have I found a new home? I've been posting on a message board called CARM for the last several years, but the hostility has become a bit of a burden for me. I've been trying to clean house, as in letting go of those needless things that often take a toll on my emotional and spiritual wellbeing.

Anyway, I like what I see so far. It's nice to be here ....

James

Guest billmc

Welcome, James. Always nice to "see a new face" here. Whether this community is what you are looking for or whether it feels like home to you is a decision only you can make. Having been on CARM a while ago, I would say that this forum is much more gracious. I like your cleaning house analogy and we have the freedom to do that. When/if you get the time, we'd like to here more about your own journey. In the meantime, make yourself at home and jump into the ongoing conversations and friendships that are developing here.

Regards,

billmc

James,

Welcome to the community. I'm sure you will find this community less hostile than most as we all do our best to be respectful of differing views. We are all 'heretics" here :) so welcome home.

Joseph

Welcome here. I look forward to getting know about you in this forum and sharing with you. I had not heard of CARM but just had a quick look. i would be interested in hearing about your experience there. I am not sure I would be able to fit in there.

Scott, I met some wonderful people there, but aside from that the experience was less than to be desired. I was actually wished a speedy journey to hell once if that tells you anything.

Nick, I think us heretics have no other alternative, but to stick together. It is part of our calling to unify under a common bond, not heresy, but rather unity itself. :)

James,

While all views are acceptable at this site , those kind of behavioral comments would certainly make one no longer welcome here without a formal apology. Never heard of CARM either but i have visited some other extreme sites like LandoverBaptist.net church that would make that comment sound mild. I think the key here is point 5 "By calling ourselves progressive, we mean that we are Christians who know that the way we behave toward one another and toward other people is the fullest exp​ression of what we believe."

Joseph

i spent a little time browsing CARM. I was wondering if i could join for some interesting discussion but I think it is likely I would be torn apart there; it appears to be focused on maintaining the Evangelical orthodoxy. I might continue to browse there some just to get some perspective on that way of thinking.

James,

While all views are acceptable at this site , those kind of behavioral comments would certainly make one no longer welcome here without a formal apology. Never heard of CARM either but i have visited some other extreme sites like LandoverBaptist.net church that would make that comment sound mild. I think the key here is point 5 "By calling ourselves progressive, we mean that we are Christians who know that the way we behave toward one another and toward other people is the fullest exp​ression of what we believe."

Joseph

Landover is a parody site! Were you fooled by it?

Archived