New to forum

Tee

Just here to say 'hello' to everyone. I am a continuing student of religions, theologies, Jesus the Christ and GOD the Creator or 'Aio' in my native language which is inclusive of the female [A] & male essence. I hope to learn much from participants in terms of 'food for thought'.

Thank u for the site.

Welcome Tee,

Glad to have you here. I split off your post from the other thread so you could have your own introduction thread. Where are you located if you wouldn't mind sharing and what is your native language?

Joseph

Guest billmc

Welcome, Tee! We're thrilled you found us! Jump into the conversations! And, as Joseph mentioned, we'd love to hear more about you and your journey!

You're icon made me smile! Thanks!

billmc

Hello there and thank you for the welcome, :)

I am from Aotearoa New Zealand. I am of Norwegian, Jewish, English, Cornish and Maori ancestry. My Maori Iwi/Tribe is named Ngati Kahungunu. So the native language I refer to is Maori. I cannot speak Norwegian but will attempt to learn.

I am of Anglican [Episcopalian] family. I attended Catholic Middle and High School.

I was in training to be an Anglican Minister in 2003 but stopped that in 2005 because of some issues with Anglicans around me of the fundamentalist kind.

I am currently exploring religion, all religions.

I am female and gay and live alone with my cat and dog. My mom and elder brother who live nearby are hugely anti-gay. She is Anglican, he is New Life [fundamentalist], the rest of my family=2 sisters and 5 brothers [all half to my dad's second wife] and my dad and his wife love me.

I tune into Middle Collegiate Church [NY] and am a big fan, huge, of Jacqui Lewis.

Have just started exploring Bishop John Shelby Spong's messages.

Shalom,

Tee

Kia ora [greetings to the Creator in you],

I forgot to say, I am currently reading:

Candace Chellew-Hodge, 'Bulletproof Faith'.

Stephanie Y. Mitchum, 'Womanist Theology'.

and

Delores S. Williams, 'Sisters in the Wilderness'

whilst referencing several versions of the Bible.

Shalom,

Tee :)

Hello there and thank you for the welcome, :)

I am from Aotearoa New Zealand. I am of Norwegian, Jewish, English, Cornish and Maori ancestry. My Maori Iwi/Tribe is named Ngati Kahungunu. So the native language I refer to is Maori. I cannot speak Norwegian but will attempt to learn.

I am of Anglican [Episcopalian] family. I attended Catholic Middle and High School.

Tee,

Wow, what a rich background. Welcome. (unfortunately, Google Translate doesn't have Maori so I am stuck with saying it in English).

I look forward to your contributions here.

George

Archived