Shall We Discuss

irreverance

I wish we could or would discuss more things of this nature here. I fear the interest is not there though.

I just thought I'd start a thread to ask people what types of things we would like to discuss. Biblical/textual discussions? Theological discussions? Scientific discussions? History discussion? This is just to name a few. Perhaps by throwing out some ideas we might be able to generate more meaningful discussions (not that what we are not doing already is not meaningful, but this might make it more so).

So, chose your poison!

Biblical/textual discussions?

YES!

Theological discussions?

YES!

Scientific discussions? History discussion?

YES and YES!

I am starting to think that it is not the topics for discussion that have been the issue, but that we just need more people here.

I've taken to pasting the link for this forum as part of my sig line on other forums. That is what brought me here.

Aletheia

I am starting to think that it is not the topics for discussion that have been the issue, but that we just need more people here.

I agree... I think that an active board tends to attract participants, so I'll try to do what I can to be more active here.

I enjoy the sorts of discussions described above, though I'm not always very knowledgeable. Still, I think it's great that there's a place where such discussion can take place. Let's keep it going.

I've got an idea for a post I've been wanting to make here for a little while. I'll see what I can do about getting it written in the next couple of days.

Her DVD's are there!!!!!!!!!! :)

I looked at that teach site, looks like they have quite an interesting variety of courses, including science, math and so forth.

You should have many hours of fun with the DVD's you received.

As for me, my incense is almost here!!! I don't know about anyone else here but I LOVE Frankincense & Myrrh incense and tend to buy a bundle of sticks and use them, and then procrastinate ordering. Well I finally decided to order again last week, I ordered 100 sticks of Frankincense & Myrrh and 100 sticks of eucalyptus and they are arriving Tuesday.

Does anyone here collect religious art and the like? I have a few really nice pieces, like this pedistal from a station of the cross removed from an Omaha church, it's 31" long, looks gorgeous on my wall;

angelshelf.jpg

I also have an old gothic pew from a Methodist church in Phili,

pew.jpg

and Agnus Dei lamb plaque that came from an altar,

agnus-dei.jpg

and a pair of very nice brass ornate candle sticks

candlestick.jpg

I recently found a really nice angel sculpture I might buy, she is about 29" tall, about 80 years old;

angel-wings.jpg

Edited by Ani-man