KateS

Hi

I am a seeker and feel very frustrated not having others to share ideas and thoughts with.

Sure hope this is an avenue. I have been looking for a Spiritual Director for some time that

can relate to my changing and developing theology. I have no choices in churches to attend because of

my location. For the past thirty years I have been an active leader in the Episcopal church.

But am considering starting a small home service or trying to do something in order to be true to my beliefs.

Comments Welcome

Thanks

kates

Welcome Kate,

From your introduction i would think you are going to feel right at home here in a short time. May we all benefit from sharing ideas and thoughts with the freedom that is allowed here. Looking forward to your posts.

Joseph

Hi

I am a seeker and feel very frustrated not having others to share ideas and thoughts with.

Sure hope this is an avenue. I have been looking for a Spiritual Director for some time that

can relate to my changing and developing theology. I have no choices in churches to attend because of

my location. For the past thirty years I have been an active leader in the Episcopal church.

But am considering starting a small home service or trying to do something in order to be true to my beliefs.

Comments Welcome

Thanks

kates

Welcome Kate! I would be interested in hearing your evolution.

NORM

I grew up Southern Baptist and at an early age questioned some of the theology. The God I knew did not need to put his son on a cross.

I felt that God was being compromised and made to be less than God. Also the idea that we as Christians had the ticket, the only way to God

made no sense to me. Again compromising and being less than the God I knew in my heart.

During my youth and most of my adult life I have kept my mouth shut in order not to be an outcast.

Several years ago I took the four year class Education for Ministry through University of the South. I enjoyed the discussions and the church history

and theology. After I completed the classes I became a mentor and have done this for eight years. But probably the best thing that has happened to me

is being introduced to the writings of modern theologians such as Bishop Spong, Marcus Borg, Karen Armstrong and the mystic history of Christianity.

Besides EFM mentor over the years I have served as a commisioned Community of Hope chaplain and several church positions.

So that has been my journey. Well part of it.

kates

Archived