Religeous Censorship

when someones posts are being screened , even though they are spaeking in a repective manner, even if it may have a 'socrates' approach, are we not free to speak and share in our understandings and question and search and explore? for what reason could the moderators put my posts on hold for approval?

Steve,

None of your posts were changed or censored. You were put on moderator review of posts because of your ignoring warnings and your perceived condescending behavior as if you are a self proclaimed teacher of the truth and members here mere students. You are a guest member and expected to behave accordingly. In 4 days you have posted 31 times and those posts show a lack of interest in learning anything about PC but rather point to a different agenda than what this site was designed for. You were asked by PM to introduce yourself and shared nothing about your self other than to say "hi" my name is Steve. This is not typical of a guest to the community.

You were corrected twice concerning the 8 points not being steps and have acted as if you aren't even reading those posts by contining to call them steps in later posts. As a guest here you have not familiarized yourself with our etiquette and as a result not shown any real courtesy to our members. For now you will remain on moderator approval of posts and if your behavior / attitude doesn't change you will no longer be welcomed on this site.

Point 5 - By calling ourselves progressive, we mean that we are Christians who know that the way we behave toward one another and toward other people is the fullest expression of what we believe.

JosephM (as Admin)

Steve,

It would be a good gesture and very hospitable if you would honestly share what you envision or see as your purpose here on this forum along with what you might hope to give and receive from its members. What brought you here? In my experience, no one joins a forum without some expectations. Also telling us a little about your background and personal testimony would go a long way to opening up communication lines and easing any tensions on both of our parts. We can then perhaps all learn together in mutual respect. I would then be happy to remove you from moderator approval of posts and i think members might better understand and relate to your posts. If this doesn't interest you, i see no reason for you to remain here if no fellowship is desired.

JosephM (as Admin)

PS You can respond in this thread.

"None of your posts were changed or censored"

yes, i have had posts not displayed pending on approval,all my posts i would suggest shouldnt have a problem being considered free speech as it is done in a cordial manner,to put all my posts on a approval basis is censorship

"perceived condescending behavior as if you are a self proclaimed teacher of the truth and members here mere students."

i did not say this, you say it.

"In 4 days you have posted 31 times"

well, i have had a lot of responses which will result in responses = many posts, so?

"have acted as if you aren't even reading those posts by contining to call them steps in later posts"

missed that, okay, points, it happens, im not perfect, maybe you thought i was doing purposly and you read in to it, again , your words, not mine.

"For now you will remain on moderator approval of posts and if your behavior / attitude doesn't change you will no longer be welcomed on this site."

censorship often leads into bias and discrimination.

"Point 5 - By calling ourselves progressive, we mean that we are Christians who know that the way we behave toward one another and toward other people is the fullest expression of what we believe."

walk the talk, censoring me and having a bias outlook would not reflect this point, but rather seems like control issues.

"Also telling us a little about your background and personal testimony would go a long way to opening up communication lines and easing any tensions on both of our parts. We can then perhaps all learn together in mutual respect."

is this a requirment for participation on this site, ? i choose to get to know who i am talking to a little first before going into my background and personal testimony, there are many mockers in the world. am i allowed to make that personal choice?

"If this doesn't interest you, i see no reason for you to remain here if no fellowship is desired."

your words not mine. , and in my opinion doesnt reflect "loving one another" , the first step to fellowship may be allowing me to speak freely, unblock my posts, and i will tell a little about myself , only what i feel comfortable in doing so at this time, is that okay?

btw, i introduced myself and this is the only response.

"Thanks and welcome Steve,

That's not quite what i had in mind for an introduction .:) But if that is all you wish to share. That will be fine.

Joseph "

so which is it? fine or not fine? .

[note, addressing two posts in this reply]

"None of your posts were changed or censored"

yes, i have had posts not displayed since i was put on approval, posts i would suggest shouldnt have a problem being 'approved' in one, i was directly responding to a question asked to me, thats censorship

All of your qued posts for approval were approved before the time stamp on my preceding post in this thread. It cannot be done all at once.

"perceived condescending behavior as if you are a self proclaimed teacher of the truth and members here mere students."

i did not say this, you say it.

That's correct and so have other members here.

"In 4 days you have posted 31 times"

well, i have had a lot of responses which will result in responses = many posts, so?

You are new and a guest and have started (authored) 4 threads already (that is not responses to posts) without introducing yourself or familiarizing yourself with our forum. I think that speaks a lack of courtesy and etiquette on your part. You want us to trust you but you will not share anything of yourself.

"have acted as if you aren't even reading those posts by contining to call them steps in later posts"

missed that, okay, points, it happens, im not perfect, maybe you thought i was doing purposly and you read in to it, again , your words, not mine.

That was just one example to show you were not reading other posts carefully but thank you for acknowledging

"For now you will remain on moderator approval of posts and if your behavior / attitude doesn't change you will no longer be welcomed on this site."

censorship often leads into bias and discrimination.

I have delayed but not censored a word of your posts up to the time of the post you are responding to. As far as discrimination goes, i am certainly discriminating as that is my function here. I do not allow new guest members to continue to behave as you have in our community and smart off as if courtesy is not a requirement in a strangers home.

"Point 5 - By calling ourselves progressive, we mean that we are Christians who know that the way we behave toward one another and toward other people is the fullest expression of what we believe."

walk the talk, censoring me and having a bias outlook would not reflect this point, but rather seems like control issues.

Talk like that just re-enforces a decision that you are a guest whose behavior is no longer welcome here. I have not censored your posts nor will i delete your response to me. You have expressed your view and are no longer welcome.here

JosephM (as Admin)

stv2k has been banned from participation in this forum. All 39 of his posts have been approved and left totally uncensored and unchanged.

Steve it seems you are insensitive to what people are posting here. Many posts are about a discernment and reflection on what the external world offers and the benefits or grace that the internal sanctuary of the soul offers. It seems your religion is a part of the external world and you are advertising for it. The best advertisement is to show internal grace. Reading quotes from the Bible is all for not if not internalize and practiced.

I like the zen story of the professor who visited the zen master. The master poured him tea, but didn't stop pouring, just kept pouring until the cup overflowed. The professor objected and responded to the master's actions. The master said, "The cup can't take any more it is full. In the same way there is nothing I can teach you until you are empty."

"But if a person isn't living and kind, it shows that he doesn't know God for God is love." 1John 4:8 TLB

St. Paul 1 Corinthians 2: 6-14

Howbeit we speak wisdom among them that are perfect: yet not the wisdom of this world, nor of the princes of this world, that come to nought: But we speak the wisdom of God in a mystery, even the hidden wisdom, which God ordained before the world unto our glory: Which none of the princes of this world knew: for had they known it, they would not have crucified the Lord of glory. But as it is written, Eye hath not seen, nor ear heard, neither have entered into the heart of man, the things which God hath prepared for them that love him. But God hath revealed them unto us by his Spirit: for the Spirit searcheth all things, yea, the deep things of God. For what man knoweth the things of a man, save the spirit of man which is in him? even so the things of God knoweth no man, but the Spirit of God. Now we have received, not the spirit of the world, but the spirit which is of God; that we might know the things that are freely given to us of God. Which things also we speak, not in the words which man's wisdom teacheth, but which the Holy Ghost teacheth; comparing spiritual things with spiritual. But the natural man receiveth not the things of the Spirit of God: for they are foolishness unto him: neither can he know them, because they are spiritually discerned.

Archived