"aren't We All Christians?"

Kath

Does it really matter whether or not people are believers in Jesus, or that he even existed? I believe in the concept and 'teachings' or philosophies of Jesus, but I really don't want to be referred to as a Christian because so many Christians don't really follow what Jesus was all about. I realize that's where 'progressive' Christians come in, but that's still based on the bible.

Hi Kath,

The above paragraph bring out some very valid questioning. Personally, I *do* believe it matters whether or not people are believers in Jesus. That said, you make an excellent point about not wanting to be referred to as a Christian but for a different reason as I. I say that because your last statement "that's still based on the Bible" leads me to believe you have challenges with the Bible? Am I reading that right?

Now your statement "so many Christians don't really follow what Jesus was all about" couldn't be more true. Like you, I prefer another name other than Christian as the term Christian has become so diluted and abused, i really don't want to be associated with it publicly. I prefer the term Christ Follower.

Doug

Archived