On A Positive Note

I am new to this forum and I do really enjoy the debates, however I wish the positive sides of our individual beliefs would outweigh the many thoughts spent on intolerant Christians. So I thought I'd start a thread focusing on positive thoughts. Maybe I also didnt read the other threads good enough ;-)

So here is my positive thought of the day- my new favorite verse. I have just re-discoverd the bible after 12 years and I am amazed at the many verses that can help with modern issues, e.g. loneliness, burn-out, depression etc. (not that reading the bible can substitute a good therapist! but it can be a complimentary source of strength).

The LORD is close to the brokenhearted

and saves those who are crushed in spirit.

Psalm 34

I think you make an excellent point. It seems to me that we are sometimes more inclined to jump on a bandwagon of focusing on the negative rather than the positive.

Here is one for you.....

For I am persuaded, that neither death, nor life, nor angels, nor principalities, nor powers, nor things present, nor things to come, Nor height, nor depth, nor any other creature, shall be able to separate us from the love of God, which is in Christ

Romans 8:38-39 KJV with last 3 words omitted by me.

Joseph

Philippians 4:8

Finally, brothers, whatever is true, whatever is honorable, whatever is just, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is commendable, if there is any excellence, if there is anything worthy of praise, think about these things.

It looks like positive thinking is the way to go.

Hi Joseph,

So guess which verse you chose? My baptism verse- in many lonely moments it gave me strength...even when I was overall very far away from God.

Am on the road, so tricky to add anything profound at the moment...

All, have a wonderful Sunday!

Nice topic peaceofmind.

A couple of my favorite passages are Ephesians 5:14...

“Wake up, sleeper,

rise from the dead,

and Christ will shine on you.”

...and John 14:

5 Thomas said to him, “Lord, we don’t know where you are going, so how can we know the way?”

6 Jesus answered, “I am the way and the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me. 7 If you really know me, you will know my Father as well. From now on, you do know him and have seen him.”

8 Philip said, “Lord, show us the Father and that will be enough for us.”

9 Jesus answered: “Don’t you know me, Philip, even after I have been among you such a long time? Anyone who has seen me has seen the Father. How can you say, ‘Show us the Father’?

Verse 6 is often used to legitimize narrow or exclusive dogma, but if you let the whole passage stand just as, it conveys something profound in the Christian journey.

Peace to you,

Mike

Good morning,

it is a beautiful Sunday here in Europe, so I choose a classic:

Even though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death,

I will fear no evil,

for you are with me;

your rod and your staff,

they comfort me.

Mike, thanks for joining the thread. Yes, that verse is used globally to promote "the one way". Maybe the focus lies on "love". By seeing Jesus and his acts of love, you can see or better imagine God even better. However, I personally like the concept of Jesus and him taking the burden of our sins and by this offering peace to all of us who have done the unforgivable. mmmh maybe I should take a closer look at the debate pages.....

peace of mind

Archived